Garmin S3 watch dilemma

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No no no no no no. :)

Was all set to hit the shops tomorrow and pick up an S3 having done the research when a buddy let me try on his Garmin running watch which is the exact same as the S1. It's massive. My wrists are small and it rolls around on the smallest setting. Anyone have this problem?! The issue is if I have to hang the thing off my bag am I as well off with a G5 (or equivalent)?!

Just when I'd made my mind up....

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could you not buy it and take to a jewelers/watch shop and get them to fit a new or modify the original strap to make it fit?? thats what i would do...

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
No no no no no no. :)

Was all set to hit the shops tomorrow and pick up an S3 having done the research when a buddy let me try on his Garmin running watch which is the exact same as the S1. It's massive. My wrists are small and it rolls around on the smallest setting. Anyone have this problem?! The issue is if I have to hang the thing off my bag am I as well off with a G5 (or equivalent)?!

Just when I'd made my mind up....

Can you measure your wrists to see how 'small' they are?
You must have very very small wrists

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can you measure your wrists to see how 'small' they are?
You must have very very small wrists

Left (watch) wrist 15cm around, right 25.

lol

I wear ladies m/l gloves, but not pink ones. The suggestion of getting a different strap occurred to me but the unit itself protrudes either side of my wrist to such a degree that I don't think it'll work. Just wondered if there's any point in buying a watch and hanging it off you bag, surely I might as well go for a handset? (more features, less money)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm trying to think of an exercise that will build your wrist up...............................I just can't think of one :whistle:.

Slime.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Your single then...

Thats some difference.

Comic effect chap, they're both 15 (I know you knew that)

I asked if the S3 was the same size as the S1 and the guy in AG said the later is actually even a little bigger.

Scuppered. Now I don't know if I should look at second hand handheld units as a cheaper alternative, would you still use it over a G5/skycaddie if you couldn't wear a watch?

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Comic effect chap, they're both 15 (I know you knew that)

I asked if the S3 was the same size as the S1 and the guy in AG said the later is actually even a little bigger.

Scuppered. Now I don't know if I should look at second hand handheld units as a cheaper alternative, would you still use it over a G5/skycaddie if you couldn't wear a watch?

I'm sat here now looking at my S3 and looking at how far the holes go up the strap it would fit even the smallest of wrists....well under your 15cm efforts. See pic below....

DSC02134_zps56e8917d.jpg

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sat here now looking at my S3 and looking at how far the holes go up the strap it would fit even the smallest of wrists....well under your 15cm efforts. See pic below....

DSC02134_zps56e8917d.jpg

Ah, thats a different strap, his only had notches at the end and then it went solid wrist band for the second half! Perhaps its that make of running watch then, thanks for taking the time to upload the pic, shopping trip is back on :lol:

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't wear a watch if I tried on the course, just feels uncomfortable to have anything on or around my hands except a glove.

Go for something like the G3 can pick them up cheap on Tesco as I did for £108 and has the extra features the S3 doesn't

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I couldn't wear a watch if I tried on the course, just feels uncomfortable to have anything on or around my hands except a glove.

Go for something like the G3 can pick them up cheap on Tesco as I did for £108 and has the extra features the S3 doesn't

I guess it's a very individual thing. From my own perspective I wear a watch all the time (both on and off the course) and I really don't notice it. I also prefer a quick glance down at the watch rather than having to get something out of the bag each time.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
I guess it's a very individual thing. From my own perspective I wear a watch all the time (both on and off the course) and I really don't notice it. I also prefer a quick glance down at the watch rather than having to get something out of the bag each time.

Couldn't agree more its definitely a personal preference as with all things. I just don't feel comfortable with a watch when playing yet several of the guys I play with in a swindle all have the garmin watches which they love