Garden net

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Long time Swanny in Tiptree. Great ketchup.

Had one pretty much the same, was a pain to put up and take down (but I suppose if you're used to camping you'll probbaly think it a breeze). More to the point I couldn't tell a lot without seeing the ball flight. So as a fun game to play with the kid and get him/her hitting the ball properly it may be a novelty for a while but it won't last. Perhaps others have other ideas. Get them chipping those foam practice balls for starters, probably more fun and in ways more relevant seeing what way the ball flies.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
i think that you need to buy Rory's old house with the swing studio in the garage and the practice putting greens in the garden! You'll not need to put up any nets then...... :)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Can see the benefit for getting your son into golf and hitting balls but not sure what you'd get out of it. Hard to make an assessment on flight, spin etc as it's only going a few feet in my opinion

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok for practising strike if you get yourself a decent mat. Although on looking again, it doesn't look very iron friendly. Can see a few going over the top :eek:That's about it really. You won't have a clue what the flight would have been like. Great for the young 'un to smash a few into though, but I fear it'll end up at the back of the garage after a few months.

RGPaul

Visit site
My neighbour down the road has a 3x3m net in his back garden, the garden of which is only about 25sq metres and is in fact a putting green, and that net can be opened and shut just like a curtain. I plan to copy this design at some point, but I agree with the above comments - unless you either have enough space or you have a flexible design like mentioned above, I think the novelty will wear off pretty quickly!

D

Deleted member 21258

I have had various nets, and would suggest you be very careful, as the netting does not last long before balls will pop though it.:eek:oo: The 3m square ones also catches flying clubs when you accidently don't hold on hard enough:eek:

The one you are looking at, I have one similar, not great imho as mine tries to fall over when a ball hits it for instance. We ended up going to a 3m square one, son has used it a lot more than me. You can use it for practising for sure, strike, half swings, full swings and so on etc

You will want to put inside some kind of impact sheet were the balls hit to ensure balls do not wear/pop tho(we have used for example old quilt covers, but you can buy proper impact sheets)

chor808

Hacker
Visit site
I tried one of these and it was full of holes just hitting a seven iron off a mat. OK for kids but my lad soon got bored of it, also it is easier than you think to miss the net.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've got one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SKLZ-Pract...=1513940000&sr=8-2&keywords=sklz+practice+net

Can put it up in 5-10 mins with a bit of practice. Works fines for all clubs, wedge - driver.

I got a 4mx4m piece of AstroTurf for about £30 to hit off so I don't damage the grass and those little mats weren't that great to hit off. Also have a SkyTrak that gives me ball flight data as well which helps a lot when practising :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Long time no chat. Hope all is well with everyone.

My 7 year old is really getting into golf and we both find ourselves wanting to get a practice net in the garden (of which we have very limited space)

Anyone had one of these before? What are they like?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-SI...007569?hash=item1c6d9bbe11:g:smkAAOSw-itXvT3V

I had a less sophisicated net that worked reasonably well - it was more the feel off the club that I ended being interested in. Would probably work better with some sort of swing monitor - even just a very basic one!

Great for/to keep some sort of interest with the sprog though! That's quite [ossibly where some sort of swing monitor might be helpful - to measure swing speed (increase!)!