Game/shot tracking devices

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone got a view as to the best of the current crop of shot tracker/game analyser devices. Interested in getting one to help with my improvement as not convinced I really know all my strengths/weaknesses/misses etc.

I have tried the free phone app ones, but don’t get on with them-narrowed it down to game golf live, arcoss 360 and shot scope v2. I am keen to get something as unobtrusive as possible in terms of intergrating it into my routine-however, I also noticed that GG (which may be the most hassle of those listed in terms of tagging) is also a lot cheaper (around £80 less).

Anyone got use any of these of got any views? Do they help and are they easy to get used to?

Thanks

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the original Shotscope which is very good. I've had no issues, watch is comfortable and non hindrance when swinging. The stats provided are great.

Have looked at upgrading to V2 so that would be my choice. Especially since it also gives yardages.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone got a view as to the best of the current crop of shot tracker/game analyser devices. Interested in getting one to help with my improvement as not convinced I really know all my strengths/weaknesses/misses etc.

I have tried the free phone app ones, but don’t get on with them-narrowed it down to game golf live, arcoss 360 and shot scope v2. I am keen to get something as unobtrusive as possible in terms of intergrating it into my routine-however, I also noticed that GG (which may be the most hassle of those listed in terms of tagging) is also a lot cheaper (around £80 less).

Anyone got use any of these of got any views? Do they help and are they easy to get used to?

Thanks

Game Golf live is fantastic

tagging becomes part of your pre shot routine in no time

uploading live is easy and ive normally edited the round whilst waiting for the other groups im playing with to finish

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I've used both GG, Shotscope (v1 and V2) and Taylor Mades abomination MyRoundPro.

For me, I could never get into the habit of tagging with GG....way to much focus on the game to remember to tag....but, if you can get into the habit then its a good system. Also I used to wear the GG GPS unit on my belt and, being someone who carries a few extra pounds round the waist, I did find that bending down would often dislodge the GG unit from the belt...so for me a risk of losing it was always an issuwe.

ShotScope is very good, the "automatic" tagging of shots feature is pretty much foolproof and maybe misses a shot a round at worst...usually a short putt. The only time it falls down is where you have to make several shots in quick succession from the same place (e..g if you are trapped in a bunker and cant get out)...it thinks that some of the swings were "practice swings" and will only count one of them as an actual stroke. V2's pin collection feature (where you can log the position of the pin by a quick press of the button) works faster than V1's and of course V2 has a built in GPS....I'm a laser user but occasionally refer to the GPS when I've gone astray and have a blind shot.

Support from the guys at ShotScope is excellent with replies to raised issues being received within 24hours, often much less. The stats portal on the ShotScope website is due a major upgrade on April 1st this year. ShotScope is pretty much a fit and forget system except where you need to locate the pin position....and if you forget to do that you can always edit its position in post round editing.

The ShotScope watch/wristband is a bit chunky though...and of you don't like wearing a watch whilst playing then it may not be the system for you.

MyRound Pro was just the biggest waste of cash (for the Microsoft Band required) going....this also had an automated shot logging feature....would miss easily 10% of all shots and the website had several issues....support was useless with replies taking weeks to arrive if you were lucky enough to get one.

One thing to note....all systems I've used required some sort of "post round editing"...either to slightly reposition the location of some shots, GPS isn't the most accurate of systems and sometimes it will log your shot position a few yards from where it really was taken which may put you on/off the fairway when in fact the opposite was true.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've used both GG, Shotscope (v1 and V2) and Taylor Mades abomination MyRoundPro.

For me, I could never get into the habit of tagging with GG....way to much focus on the game to remember to tag....but, if you can get into the habit then its a good system. Also I used to wear the GG GPS unit on my belt and, being someone who carries a few extra pounds round the waist, I did find that bending down would often dislodge the GG unit from the belt...so for me a risk of losing it was always an issuwe.

ShotScope is very good, the "automatic" tagging of shots feature is pretty much foolproof and maybe misses a shot a round at worst...usually a short putt. The only time it falls down is where you have to make several shots in quick succession from the same place (e..g if you are trapped in a bunker and cant get out)...it thinks that some of the swings were "practice swings" and will only count one of them as an actual stroke. V2's pin collection feature (where you can log the position of the pin by a quick press of the button) works faster than V1's and of course V2 has a built in GPS....I'm a laser user but occasionally refer to the GPS when I've gone astray and have a blind shot.

Support from the guys at ShotScope is excellent with replies to raised issues being received within 24hours, often much less. The stats portal on the ShotScope website is due a major upgrade on April 1st this year. ShotScope is pretty much a fit and forget system except where you need to locate the pin position....and if you forget to do that you can always edit its position in post round editing.

The ShotScope watch/wristband is a bit chunky though...and of you don't like wearing a watch whilst playing then it may not be the system for you.

MyRound Pro was just the biggest waste of cash (for the Microsoft Band required) going....this also had an automated shot logging feature....would miss easily 10% of all shots and the website had several issues....support was useless with replies taking weeks to arrive if you were lucky enough to get one.

One thing to note....all systems I've used required some sort of "post round editing"...either to slightly reposition the location of some shots, GPS isn't the most accurate of systems and sometimes it will log your shot position a few yards from where it really was taken which may put you on/off the fairway when in fact the opposite was true.

The TM app is fantastic now. I’ve stopped using game golf as the level of stats TM provides is so much better.

I don’t tag shots with my phone during the round I just do it at home afterwards

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Lucky you if your course is mapped okay on TM. As Nick hints the support is beyond appaling.

Probably haven't forgiven GG for trying to redefine the language :) I think "tagging" still means screwing the tags into the grips :D

For mobile only options golf pad seemed the easiest to use to me.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Lucky you if your course is mapped okay on TM. As Nick hints the support is beyond appaling.

Probably haven't forgiven GG for trying to redefine the language :) I think "tagging" still means screwing the tags into the grips :D

For mobile only options golf pad seemed the easiest to use to me.

Never used them, but funnily enough I was looking and asking myself the exact same question last night.

Game golf has a new product called pro, not released yet. But my hunch would be it'd be similar to shot scope caddie.

I'm not getting anything until I know more

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
The TM app is fantastic now. I’ve stopped using game golf as the level of stats TM provides is so much better.

I don’t tag shots with my phone during the round I just do it at home afterwards

I never used the phone based app.... not sure they had one when I used the TM system when it first came out.... but I see now that it is mobile app based only.... no desktop PC application anymore which is a pity. Always much easier to edit rounds on a big screen. But at least they improved the system.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Also I used to wear the GG GPS unit on my belt and, being someone who carries a few extra pounds round the waist, I did find that bending down would often dislodge the GG unit from the belt...so for me a risk of losing it was always an issue.

Plenty of earlier threads on this, with various methods to keep it in place or avoid dropping it mid round (involving rubber bands, cord etc). Having suffered 2 broken clips (both when I got in the car) I mailed the GG support and they suggested they send a clip from a Live unit (which also fits the Original). That is so much sturdier and I now use it without any additional safety precaution and have had no issues. The clip is really secure I just can't see it falling off my belt.

Great customer service as ever from GG.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use the arcoss 360 and think it’s great. Have used GG and got rid of because I always forgot to tag.

Only thing is I nearly got rid of the 360 when I had an android phone as the battery drain meant not finishing a round.

Changed to apple and now fine

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use the arcoss 360 and think it’s great. Have used GG and got rid of because I always forgot to tag.

Only thing is I nearly got rid of the 360 when I had an android phone as the battery drain meant not finishing a round.

Changed to apple and now fine

i hope the latest update for android released last week sorted out the battery problems. Archos say it has. Will find out soon as I have the Galaxy s8 and just order a set of f8 irons and woods.

Previously i I had shotscope v2 and that worked reasonably well.

I will miss the put collect feature of the v2 as you could get realy good putting stats.

You can manually edit the pin position with 360 app, but the v2 was easier.

Last edited: