Funny golf swings

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I played a few holes on my own today to try out my new irons and got stuck behind a couple. He played okay-ish and his swing looked normal, but his wife had the most unusual swing I have ever seen in real life. I mean, we all know the occasional really funny swing that somebody posts on YouTube, but this really wasn't far from any of those.

She set up to the ball relatively normal, then in the backswings raised her arms and her upper body until she was really standing as tall as she could, arms vertical up in the air, then kind of swung the club around her lasso-style in the downswing. How she managed to make contact with the ball at all that way remains a mystery to me, she has to be really well coordinated. (It did not work all the time, but hey ... my swing does not work all the time either)

And as weird as the motion was, she was doing it really consistently, even in her practice swings and with all clubs through her bag (even on very short pitch shots). I was so in awe that I did not even mind being stuck behind them for the complete 9 holes.

What's the funniest swing you have ever seen on the course?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
we were all sitting watching some visitors go out a couple of weeks ago. 3 of them tee'd off all good swings all hit good shots, the last guy takes a couple of practice swings... he had the best swing by far, the actual swing was terrible and all the guys sitting around watching burst out laughing, never have i seen two swings so different from the same guy.... hard to describe how bad it was.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of funny swings out there, and some of them belong to professionals and single figure golfers (one off 9 at my place makes Furyk look textbook). We have a chap that takes it back to waist height, pauses and then goes to the top of the swing. That takes some getting use to when you watch him

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Plenty of funny swings out there, and some of them belong to professionals and single figure golfers (one off 9 at my place makes Furyk look textbook). We have a chap that takes it back to waist height, pauses and then goes to the top of the swing. That takes some getting use to when you watch him
Thats a ball striking drill.
He must have decided it worked so stuck with it.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
[video=youtube_share;SwVullI7EKk]https://youtu.be/SwVullI7EKk[/video]

The captain of the club I was at in 2013/14 before it closed.

Really nice guy who drank a lot of a certain Italian spirit...

I wonder what he is up to these days.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I played a few holes on my own today to try out my new irons and got stuck behind a couple. He played okay-ish and his swing looked normal, but his wife had the most unusual swing I have ever seen in real life. I mean, we all know the occasional really funny swing that somebody posts on YouTube, but this really wasn't far from any of those.

She set up to the ball relatively normal, then in the backswings raised her arms and her upper body until she was really standing as tall as she could, arms vertical up in the air, then kind of swung the club around her lasso-style in the downswing. How she managed to make contact with the ball at all that way remains a mystery to me, she has to be really well coordinated. (It did not work all the time, but hey ... my swing does not work all the time either)

And as weird as the motion was, she was doing it really consistently, even in her practice swings and with all clubs through her bag (even on very short pitch shots). I was so in awe that I did not even mind being stuck behind them for the complete 9 holes.

What's the funniest swing you have ever seen on the course?

Ha. I saw almost exactly the same swing about 6 years ago in Turkey. There were 3 German women in front and one of them did almost exactly what you said.

How she got the club to the ball was beyond me.

She hit the pin on one of the Par 3s. 😎

D

Deleted member 23270

[video=youtube_share;SwVullI7EKk]https://youtu.be/SwVullI7EKk[/video]

The captain of the club I was at in 2013/14 before it closed.

Really nice guy who drank a lot of a certain Italian spirit...

I wonder what he is up to these days.

That seems like a lot of club to reach that green 😂

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am totally in awe that she finds the ball that way. I would miss it by a mile. I wonder if she played any other sport before she became a golfer? Maybe she did hammer throwing, she looks a bit like it.:D
Almost looks like a mighty topspin forehand from tennis. :lol:

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Almost looks like a mighty topspin forehand from tennis. :lol:

Yeah, I considered that. But I do play with quite a few female tennis players, and they tend to have a rather short backswig and just genrate a lot of speed by accelerating through the ball with the arms. Never saw any of them using her legs like that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I considered that. But I do play with quite a few female tennis players, and they tend to have a rather short backswig and just genrate a lot of speed by accelerating through the ball with the arms. Never saw any of them using her legs like that.
Maybe hockey or ice hockey actually! It looks a bit like someone hitting an ice hockey puck, the way her right leg goes behind her. Touch of Happy Gilmore about it..

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe hockey or ice hockey actually! It looks a bit like someone hitting an ice hockey puck, the way her right leg goes behind her. Touch of Happy Gilmore about it..

That’s not how you shoot a puck! There was a good one on Facebook the other day, which had a bizarre pre-shot routine, and then a bizarre swing - I’ll see if I can find it.