Fully playable course

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
With all the cack weather we have endured recently, I say recently but truth is it's been poor for a full year now. When do you think you will have a fully open enjoyable golf course again?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally fed up with it. We are members at 3 courses til the end of March and one is closed and the others open on 11 and 13 holes. Surely a late end to winter will mean a lovely long hot summer?? Please...

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We need a week of dr weather. We've had 2 days and not forecast any tomorrow but Friday looks like setting us back to square 1.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We're off very forward tees but rest is not too bad, no grass growth to speak off so tight fairways and dodgey rough round greens.

Blinking cold today, never really warmed so happy to shoot 81 with a double and treble !!

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
With all the cack weather we have endured recently, I say recently but truth is it's been poor for a full year now. When do you think you will have a fully open enjoyable golf course again?
Full 18 opened 2 weekends ago, but a closed course both sundays due to heavy rain saturday nights.
Still on winter tee's and fairway mats for another weekend apparently :(

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reckon we'll be lucky to get the 1st qualifier played 2 weeks on Saturday been open in parts over last couple of weeks, but been shut since Saturdays snow and rain since. Not a good start to spring!

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been on proper greens all year unless a hard frost. Big tee's apart from the par 3's where we use winter tee's and been on full fairways since this time last year.

Greens are awesome at present and fairways are looking great. Roll on some heat and good growth.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
a week? I would say a month! The water table is so high that any rain at the moment = flooding :(

We were fully open until Saturday morning and had been for 2 weeks. Its only a couple of holes on the back nine that are a problem. Last time we were closed a week of dry weather sorted us out. Front nine is open and fine, the holes that don't have standing water on the back nine are also fine.

The Sclaffer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been on proper greens all year unless a hard frost. Big tee's apart from the par 3's where we use winter tee's and been on full fairways since this time last year.

Greens are awesome at present and fairways are looking great. Roll on some heat and good growth.

Bah - jealous or what!!!

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are on full course and have been all year except for the odd day on temp greens when it been a heavy frost.

Playing again tomorrow in Thursday comp which will be my 4th game since last Friday

Was definitely the right decision moving club from a parkland to a links course, reaping the benefits already and it's only march :thup:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not expecting much good weather until April but I've been told my courses are both promising all holes on standard greens by the end of next week

Please let them be right

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The Berkshire (Red) was fully playable today. Fairways were wet in places, but only had to take one drop away from a puddle all day. Greens were in excellent condition, and it has gone to very near the top of my favourite courses. The three course lunch was superb, and happy to report I made a right pig of myself.;)

My course was actually closed yesterday, after heavy night rain. It could have opened at lunch time, but it was decided to give it a rest. I understand we have a nice new water feature across the 13th fairway. I hate these sodden conditions.:(

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My course has pretty much taken anything that the weather has thrown at it. It closed for a week when the snow was on the ground but that was it. Fairways are decent, greens are superb and the bunkers are being re-filled with really decent sand. Not been on temp greens and we only have a few winter tees. Some of these are a distance from the realy tees but properly built and actually offer an interesting way to play the hole. Very happy.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
My course has pretty much taken anything that the weather has thrown at it. It closed for a week when the snow was on the ground but that was it. Fairways are decent, greens are superb and the bunkers are being re-filled with really decent sand. Not been on temp greens and we only have a few winter tees. Some of these are a distance from the realy tees but properly built and actually offer an interesting way to play the hole. Very happy.

I love your course, a little jealous you get to call it your home track.

Hows the new par3 coming along since I last played it with yourself.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were closed again at the weekend but open again this week and managed to squeeze in 9 holes last night. Greens were really good. Now when I say fully open our 4th par 5 has been a par three since the summer as the second fairway has had to be fixed and the problem solved as it was flooded!first comp on Saturday so god knows what they're going to do! All fixed now but needs time for the ground to repair.