Fujikura Shafts

T

thecraw

Just wondering how these play? I've never owned a Fujikura shaft and was wondering how these compare flex wise etc compared to an Aldila NV for instance.

I accidently bought a Callaway Hybrid last night on eBay which I got for an absolute song as its got a senior flex shaft in it. I bought it knowing I can easily whip out the shaft and re_shaft it. I have also seen a Fujikura Banzai shaft that I may put in however its an X flex so should I just stick to what I know and like in the Aldila NV 85 stiff flex? Or will this shaft work as well?

Ethan?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
ive a fujikura stiff 65g torque 3.1 kick point mid/high tip stiff fit on m red shaft attached to cleveland tour spec highbore xl 9.5 tour driver. if its any use to you. deal could be struck.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't comment on the banzai shaft,but i had a 510TP and a R7 Quad TP,both had the Fuji 757 Speeder shaft.Very very good shafts,but they play stiffer than the rating suggests,reg plays stiff,and stiff is more like Xstiff.
My swing is about 107mph and quite smooth and steady,and i don't think my swing suited the speeder to be honest,and would be more suited to somebody who's a bit more agressive.
A mate had the same club as me,but had a Fuji Vista pro shaft in his,it felt much more user friendly,and less boardy than the speeder.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Fujikura Motore F1 that I have in my hybrid and 4w are definitely stiffer than other shafts I have had. They are the OEM version though.

I am waiting for the postie to deliver my Motore F1 75S for my 910 D3. This went pretty well when I hit Fundy's driver at The Grove. If it works as well as I hope, I might be swapping out the shafts in the hybrid and 4W to the real versions.

T

thecraw

in that case I guess the X flex will be like a poker, so I'll give that a miss thanks. Ask the experts and I get Murph - geez whats the forum coming to!

;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Banzai is no longer made. If I recall correctly it was a mid launch shaft suitable for a smoothish swinger, but a decently robust solid shaft. If you are playing NV Stiff right now and are happy with that, I would be wary of stepping up to an X in the Banzai.