Fubuki Shaft - Nike and Mizuno..?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone know the difference (if any) between the fubuki shaft in the Mizuno MP630 and the one in the Nike drivers?

Love the shaft in my Mizuno hybrid but just wondering if they are the same, other than the Mizuno one being white?

Thanks

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are a few 'made for' versions of Fubuki around.

The Mizuno one is a very good shaft and very close to the real thing, the one in the Nike Machspeed Black driver somewhat less so. A 'real' Fubuki is available as standard or a custom option in some other Nike drivers such as the VR series.

The 'real' Fubuki is white too.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
must admit I know nadda about shafts but you know what feels right dont you.

I persevered with a graffaloy red for 5 years, tried the 'white' Fubuki shaft recently and it was a revelation, it felt good, really good.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are a few 'made for' versions of Fubuki around.

The Mizuno one is a very good shaft and very close to the real thing, the one in the Nike Machspeed Black driver somewhat less so. A 'real' Fubuki is available as standard or a custom option in some other Nike drivers such as the VR series.

The 'real' Fubuki is white too.

Thanks Ethan, your knowledge as ever greatly appreciated.

Definitely look for the Mizuno version then....

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
must admit I know nadda about shafts but you know what feels right dont you.

I persevered with a graffaloy red for 5 years, tried the 'white' Fubuki shaft recently and it was a revelation, it felt good, really good.

I'm exactly the same darth. The one in the Mizuno just seems to be right for me.

May well end up with a driver and/or 3 wood with the same shaft before long...

T

thecraw

Don't dismiss the Nike until you try it. I very nearly bought the Nike Machspeed Black before I went down the 910 route. The Nike for me performed better than Callaway, ping, Cleveland and other drivers.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
A further question on this shaft (.... Again probably one for Ethan)

How does this shaft play flex wise? Does, as an example, a regular play on the firmer or softer side of the said flex?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
A further question on this shaft (.... Again probably one for Ethan)

How does this shaft play flex wise? Does, as an example, a regular play on the firmer or softer side of the said flex?

The real and Mizuno Fubukis play fairly firm, probably true to flex, unlike many standard shafts which play soft. Nike a bit less so.