French Trip

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all.Ive just got back from a 3 day break in Le Touquet in france.If anyone is considering going i can highly recommend the courses which we played.Each 1 was in outstanding condition,there were 8 in the party and not 1 could find a fault with them.The only downside for me was that i wish my game was good enough to do the courses justice, but just to be playing them was a great feeling.we played Le touquet LA MER, Belle Dune.Le Pins at Hardelot.The hospitality was second to none.All in all a golf break which cost £225 was money well spent.

chipin1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Totally agree. I've played at Hardelot and Belle Dune - they're awesome. The courses there also seem a lot quieter than anything you get in the UK. Golf in France is still not hugely popular.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
hi chipin.The courses were quite busy but no hold up whatso ever.We only saw 1 group of french people playing and the car parks were full of english plated cars.I must admit i havent played on courses any better in the uk.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi
Glad you enjoyed it.
Quite busy when we were there, but then it was August!
Played previously in the Loire valley - not a well-known course but very nice and very quiet - even in August.
AliB

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have only played once in france on a really nice course on the coast of Britanny. It was quite busy - but virtually everyone was British. I don't think the French have really taken to the game.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes the french either dont seem that interested or they have plenty of courses to play.From the courses i have seen over there they certainly are spoilt for choice.My mate and i are thinking of nipping over there for the day soon and playing Le Touquet and then filling the car up with wine on the way back,cant think of a much better day.