Free 90 min lesson with top 25 coach

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I was very pleased to be invited to the, quite superb, London Club for a 90 minute putting lesson with the Head Pro from forum favourite Royal Cinque Ports, Andrew Reynolds.

I was first up and he got me to putt a few to see what I was doing and what needed to be altered to improve the quality of my putts. I won't go into too much detail but suffice to say I reckon tomorrow's round will see my first 18 putt round (or do I mean hole?)

Simon, Pete and Joss who followed on after me had much tougher tasks in altering driver, chipping and iron faults but all seemed to be doing really well. Simon's 'light bulb' moment was a joy to watch and he ended up with a driver distance and shape that I'd buy on EBay if he decided to sell it.

Thanks to Jake, Chris And Andrew for a great day as always when GM does it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The only thing you haven't mentioned is your another new putter. Come on spill the beans you know you want to:ears:

Spout forth Chris or I’ll get Imurg to sit on you

Whatyergot?
#shinies

Another new putter ?????

Don't be daft, I've had my putter now for about 6 weeks!!

I got the TM red Spyder putter from AG on their trade in - cost me £61 😁👍

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another new putter ?????

Don't be daft, I've had my putter now for about 6 weeks!!

I got the TM red Spyder putter from AG on their trade in - cost me £61 😁👍

You disappoint me mate. I would have bet that a new putter would have been ordered:whistle:

Visit site
I too have to thank Jake at GM and especially Andrew for the opportunity to work on my short game at The London club. The changes Andrew made to my pitching set up, grip and swing were to me nothing more than revolutionary. They went against everything that i thought was correct. ( shows what I know eh)
Also it was good to meet you Chrisd You must have been practicing with that putter for a few hours as my lesson started 4 hours after yours. Dedication

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I too have to thank Jake at GM and especially Andrew for the opportunity to work on my short game at The London club. The changes Andrew made to my pitching set up, grip and swing were to me nothing more than revolutionary. They went against everything that i thought was correct. ( shows what I know eh)
Also it was good to meet you Chrisd You must have been practicing with that putter for a few hours as my lesson started 4 hours after yours. Dedication

Good to meet you too and to see you post. I did some putting but I also hit balls on the range for ages with Simon during and after his lesson.

I'm pleased for you that you found the lesson worthwhile, Andrew seems very adept at finding the best way to see a problem swing.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to meet you too and to see you post. I did some putting but I also hit balls on the range for ages with Simon during and after his lesson.

I'm pleased for you that you found the lesson worthwhile, Andrew seems very adept at finding the best way to see a problem swing.

Great to meet you today, Chris. How good are the practice facilities at the London Club?! That’s the best driving range I’ve visited. It was actually very helpful having you watch me hit a few having seen the lesson Andrew had given me, you kept me on the right track while practicing what I’d been shown. Just need you standing behind me for every shot when I’m out on the course.

Thank you to Jake and Andrew for today, and golf monthly more generally for offering up this kind of opportunity. Thank you to the london club too, it’s a great facility and they were excellent hosts.

As Chris said, my lesson was something of a lightbulb moment - the change was to the first 30cm of my swing only, and the results were unbelievable really, and it only took about four shots to see them. Hopefully I can take this to the course at the weekend!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hit the driver like you did after the lesson and single figures will be beckoning rather quickly. I hope my affliction for buying the occasional new club hasn't rubbed off on you 😁

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Hey chrisd, was good to meet you today! I can only echo everyone’s sentiments, what a great couple of hours. I’ve never actually had a lesson before so wasn’t sure what to expect, I think my issue has been ingrained for so long that it was a real challenge to adapt. I stayed on for about an hour afterwards working on the things Andrew suggested and it was definitely more hit than miss by the end of it.

Thanks so so much to Jake for the opportunity and to Andrew for the coaching. As soon as I saw a video of my swing I could see what was wrong but the changes felt so strange!. Also thanks the Chris, hope he’s good at photoshop as heel need all the help he can get to make me look decent :D

Coincidence we’re all 12 handicappers?