Freddie Couples

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my all time favourite golf swings......Now I know its a long way to go , but this guy has won 3 of his last 4 starts on the Seniors tour. Did anyone realise this and take a punt on him ???

I know its Augusta and a stronger field but does he have it in him to go all the way ????

matt01

Head Pro
Visit site
i didn`t put any money on him but it was great to see him play,he never seem to miss anything,come into the masters with a great deal of form 3 from 4 not to bad,did like allis going on about his shoes and no socks,said he just got off his yatch

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don't think he'll win it... would be nice to see it, but i don't think so. Same with Watson, would be amazing, but i think the younger lads will come through.

Back to Couples though, did anyone notice the shoes he was wearing? They were just like an ordinary pair of trainers... no spikes of any sort. I take it the grass is grippy at Augusta!

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I went to the Scottish Open a few years ago, Freddie was meant to play but didn't because of a sore back. I would of loved to of seen him play. Unfortunately I wont have another chance. Would love to see him do well if not win. Class man.

B

birdieman

Great player but a dodgy pressure putter, won't win but great to see him playing well.
Really likeable character, watched him for a couple of holes at St Andrews 05, not a swing for links golf but really effortless and fluid.
Tiger mentioned that all the tees bar one were in their forward positions Thursday - that reduced yardage must have helped the older guys to score well. If the tees go out a bit today the younger stronger players should come through.

However I understand the Masters committee did decide tournament sparkle had been lost in recent years due to the course being too tough, looks like they've pitched the difficulty level about right this year. Great first day.

Intriguing!

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was inspired to ditch the Glove years ago after watching Freddie, and havent wasted a penny on one since. :cool:

However, those shoes were BAD, and as for No Socks........I cant see that catching on

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Haven't checked but seem to remember reading he was a contender betting-wise. Just hope he makes a decent fist of the rest.
Great first day. Brits and nice guys in contention. Oldies rule!

AliB