Forum Opportunity - 90 min lesson with Top25 coach

Jake O'Reilly

GM Staff
www.golf-monthly.co.uk
Hi all,

I’m looking for eight of you to come and take part in our regular Golf Monthly magazine feature 'Help! I can’t...’ where our Top25 coaches take a shot that is regularly ruining your rounds and get to the bottom of fixing it during a free 90 minute lesson.

The lessons will take place at The London Club in Kent on Thursday the 28th of September and Friday the 29th of September, with slots at 9-10:30, 10:30-12, 1-2:30 and 2:30-4 both days. Each slot also accounts for some time to take pictures and film some video content for the magazine and our online channels.

For these eight slots we’re looking for players struggling with any of the following swing issues:

Blocks
Hooks
Pulls
Bad ball striking (fat/thin/top)
Poor pitching distance control
Bad bunker shots
Lack of chipping consistency
Missing short putts

If you think you might fit the bill for one of those, please apply with the following details to jake.oreilly@timeinc.com by Friday the 22nd of September, with ‘Help opportunity’ as the subject line.

Name -
Handicap -
Home club (if applicable) -
Couple of lines describing your swing issue -
Your availability on the 28/29th -

Good luck to all those who enter!

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm there at 9.00 on Friday and some poor soul has the task of sorting my swing out. Not sure 90 minutes is long enough and I could break some great teaching career

Pleased you have been chosen. Really think a good pro will work wonders for you and fix the obvious errors you have which are holding you back.

Iv followed your progress on your youtube channel. You putting is decent. You hole out well. Pitching improving. But its the full swing that causes you inconsistencies in your scoring.

I can gurantee you he will tell you

Your outside take away if causing that cup of the wrist at the top of the backswing. Slight flying elbow taking you aross the line.
You then just unwind hard with the hips and body throwing the club steep and out to in.

It really isnt as hard to fix as youd think. Baffles me that a number have pros have let you swing like that and not addressed it.

All the best. Looking forward to hearing how this goes.