Forgiving Mizuno's

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just an update on my search for a set of old forgiving Mizuno's following my request for advice on something to give me a bit more help as I get back into golf.

Tried the MX-300 with Dynalite Gold R300 XP shaft. It is sweet. So easy to hit. If you want a forgiving forged club this could be it and in due course I may treat myself.

However at present I'm just looking for something to tide me over until my game gets established again.

Tried out the MX 23. Nice looking club. Not too clunky and felt pretty good but the set I tried was a bit ropey and would have needed re-gripping. Definately a "contender" though and not a "bum".

Spent this morning trailing round various places and had no luck. The modern equivalents I was offered were all either too expensive or too ugly or both.

So...

I ended up with these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIZUNO-MX-23-IRONS...=item45f97701b5

which should be just the job. Got some additional pictures to check the faces were OK. Very friendly service. Now just waiting for that heavy brown oblong box to arrive.

Once again thanks for all the advice.

Now, anyone interested in a set of MP30s with DG S300, good nick.. (OK Brendy, only joking... I promise to follow correct protocol when the time comes)

:)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good guys to deal with Mashie you won't have any problems with them have used them for years and passed them onto a few guys on here.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Good buy, and they look in excellent condition!

I've got Mizuno Tour Style 52 and 56 degree wedges to go with mine and they compliment them very well.

The 56 deg sand wedge is quite easy to find on ebay but the 52 took a bit of tracking down, at least at a price I could afford!