Forgiving Forged Irons recommendations please?

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've recently returned to golf after a few years off. I currently have a set of Mizuno MP-32's (R300 shafts) and Callaway X22's (Uniflex shafts) and combine them (4,5,6 X22 + 7,8,9,PW MP-32).
I am a bit strapped for space and my dear wife has made the suggestion of me selling both sets and all "spare" clubs to get one set that all fit in the bag!

I love the forgiveness of the X22's and hit them well (very high ball flight), but love the feel of the MP32's.
My swing speed with a 7 iron at AG today was 78-80mph and I'm a 7 handicapper atm, but off the whites in summer will be nearer 10-12.

SO IDEALLY, I AM LOOKING FOR A FORGED SET THAT HAS DECENT LEVELS OF FORGIVENESS- Any suggestions would be most appreciated?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Any of the Callaway Apex lines.
Original(2014) or Cf16(2016) 2nd hand or the new CF19 if you're feeling flush..
All have a Pro version of you're a bit of a better striker of the ball.

GolfingPastor

Visit site
Any of the Callaway Apex lines.
Original(2014) or Cf16(2016) 2nd hand or the new CF19 if you're feeling flush..
All have a Pro version of you're a bit of a better striker of the ball.

Just read a review on the CF16's and while they look stunning, it said they are more for low single figure handicappers, so probably not forgiving enough for me unfortunately.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have cobra fly z plus. They are nice to look at, but with a couple of bits of tungsten to give decent forgiveness. I'm sure you could pick some up at a decent price on the bay. I'm off 11, and don't find then scary all.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Just read a review on the CF16's and while they look stunning, it said they are more for low single figure handicappers, so probably not forgiving enough for me unfortunately.

I'm a 15 handicapper, playing with the Apex CF16 for two seasons now and absolutely love them. Had some swing issues when I bought them, and still in the process of fixing that, but these clubs are lovely to play. Not sure what sort of forgiveness you are looking for, but as a 7 handicapper, I'm sure your ball striking is better than mine. Based on how I hit them, I'd say they are pretty forgiving unless you play a really bad swing at the ball.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it just the feel you are looking for it does not have to be forged you can also consider clubs that are 'soft cast'.

I have had clubs in the past that you could not tell the difference eg TaylorMade TPs

User20204

Visit site

Are you sure you've read the correct review, that sounds more like a review for the pro irons than the standard Apex. I have Apex pros, and no I wouldn't overly recommend them to a higher handicapper but I also carry an Apex cf16 4 iron, very forgiving compared to my pros. If I hit one out the toe I notice little difference in distance, where hit a pro out the toe and there is a big drop off.

You'll be able to pick up a set of cf16s fairly cheap with the 19s being out now.