Forged clubs with offset

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Had to use my grandson's irons yesterday because mine are being regripped. Shot 75, four over par, my equal best round of the season. The question is, did I do it because of, or in spite of the irons? Contact felt really good but I lost a few left because the lie of the clubs was too steep. I have my own irons 4° flat (short legs, long arms, flat swing). The clubs I used are Callaway X18 and if I tried to bend them they'd probably snap. They have a pronounced offset and I wondered if any manufacturer made forged irons with a similar offset. I feel like trying a cheap used set just to see how they play with the lie properly adjusted. Can anyone offervany advice please?

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
Both the sets I use - Mizuno MX25 and MacGregor V-Foil C - are forged and have a bit of off set. Should be able to find a reasonably priced set (or an ex-demo club) of either. The C (cavity back) version of the MacGregors has more off set than the CM version (mixed blade and cavities).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
MX23 will be cheaper and is virtually same as MX25 - being previous model.

Both nice clubs for any level player.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cobra S2 Forged are very nice clubs with offset (that's what puts me off)

Callaway Diablo Forged are another, eBay probably the best bet for either.

If you're after new the Callaway Apex (not the Pro version) are very nice, not sure if they're forged or not though

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My Mizuno JPX 825 pro do not look like they have much offset. compaired my old MP62 7 irons and there does not look like too much difference.