Forest Pines and Belton Woods Sold to Investment Group

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was surprised to read on the local paper website that the club I am a member of has been sold. Belton Woods and Forest Pines have been sold to an investment group who have a portfolio of 75 hotels.
Not sure that it means anything for members but there has been no communication about it, just the story in the local paper.
Seems a bit sudden bearing in mind that it was only purchased from DeVere in 2014.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
And mildly concerning for the Farts v Snappers fixture…...

Not sure why it's concerning, when a business is purchased they take on all their contracts, sales & debts, if there are any.

I doubt you'd notice any change in anything, they'll be either a tuck & snip here and their if it's a going concern style of purchase or it maybe they see more profit out of them with further investment, which the existing owners weren't prepared to do.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not sure why it's concerning, when a business is purchased they take on all their contracts, sales & debts, if there are any.

I doubt you'd notice any change in anything, they'll be either a tuck & snip here and their if it's a going concern style of purchase or it maybe they see more profit out of them with further investment, which the existing owners weren't prepared to do.

Technically have we got a contract as Smiffy still seems to be chasing deposits; we've got a booking but is that the same thing?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Technically have we got a contract as Smiffy still seems to be chasing deposits; we've got a booking but is that the same thing?

We have a contract Richard, I've signed it.
I will be contacting them today regarding the deposit payment but before any money is sent I will obviously seek confirmation that our event is "set in stone" by asking for it in writing.
Rob

Fish

Banned
Visit site

A contract is where there is an offer and consideration to both parties and an acceptance, a legally binding contract does not need to be in writing.

Nothing to be concerned about imo.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
A contract is where there is an offer and consideration to both parties and an acceptance, a legally binding contract does not need to be in writing.

Nothing to be concerned about imo.

Just might be tricky playing around the building site. :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Received this reply to my email this morning....

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Good Morning Robert,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Laura is actually out of the office until Monday however I can confirm that Qhotels has been sold but rest assured all contracts are exactly the same and it will have no impact on your booking.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Kind regards,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ashley Jarman[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Golf & Sports Coordinator[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Forest Pines Hotel & Golf Resort[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Ermine Street, Broughton,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]North Lincolnshire[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]DN20 0AQ[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]