Forest of arden

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Evening boys and girls,

I am due to be at a conference at FOA at the end November.

I can get on for free via work but Money aside is it worth putting my bats in the car?

I was going to ask my barber or look on the side of bus but thought I’d try here first! 😂

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yes if the Arden course, no if the Aylesford, that said may be a bit soft underfoot at that time of year, if not the practise facilites are decent

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn’t go near the Aylesford and even the front 9 on the Arden won’t be great - back 9 is decent. If it’s a freebie it’s worth it

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely for the Arden but hope for some drier weather between now and then as the front nine gets very damp. Back nine with the deer roaming is really enjoyable. If its the other course then make your excuses

D

Deleted member 18588

I'd play either for nowt.

Arden is better but Aylesford isn't all bad.

The Aylesford is nothing more than a giant field with the odd tree and bordered by one of the busiest stretches of motorway in the country.

Back 9 of the Arden (with the exception of the 18th) is the site's one redeeming feature.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
drains absolutely dreadful. I play it for free and still choose not too over the winter. if we have a long period without rain then it'll be fine

D

Deleted member 21258

James, if you want to play a 'non-muddy' heathland course in that neck of the woods, that is not that far away from FOA(about 30 miles away), would be happy to have a game with you and host you at Beau Desert assuming dates work.

Never played FOA, therefore cant help with that, but if a course is free then it would be rude not to play it. Enjoy.