for sale/wanted forum - general rules

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
In the light of some recent 'for sale' posts I thought it best to post these guidelines that new posters should take read and adhere to or ignore at their peril

1. Forum etiquette dictates that you introduce yourself, make a few posts and generally get involved in the forum commuinity before offering something up for sale

2. This forum is not somewhere for golf-related businesses to hawk villas near golf courses, online golf shops, timeshares, mental game coaching etc

3. If you ignore the above expect the forum community to let you know, in no uncertain terms, that you're not welcome here. That or give you sandwich filling suggestions.
You can also expect no forumers to buy what you're selling and no one to visit your website.

4. The bottom line is that this is a thriving community where forumers respect each other and welcome the opportunity to buy and sell goods privately in order to a) offer first refusal on good gear to fellow fourmers and B) cut out the middle man (ebay/golfbidder) meaning everyone gets a better deal

Pretty simple isn't it

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I particularly like mustard in a ham sandwich!
Only joking, excellent post Mike, makes everything crystal. Chancers should now be aware they stand to get a a right beasting if the rules go unheeded.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mikeh, maybe you should make this a sticky in the top of the for sale section with just the first post so new members can see it first and foremost when they enter the for sale section.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com

lol..

I can now imagine Jon in his sheepskin with one of these clocks!!

flav_clock.jpg

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mike can we not get some kind of ban in place for strangers posting on the for sale section??

I've no issue with new members but despite the rules post it's still being ignored.

Or an administrator for this section only?