Football League Thread 2016/17

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Disappointed with Brentford, thought they might take something off The Terriers today 😞

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
3 points nearer survival.:thup: Preston were dire, and in the first half we had 80% possession.:eek:

Couple of the new signings look good, Beerens and Swift, but same old problem of not having a decent striker.

Strange to see players kick off backwards. Can't see why they bothered changing the rule as it makes no difference.:confused:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Can see Villa going down successive seasons, spoke to a friend who went and he said they were lucky Luton didn't stick 6 past them!

How far can some of these ex well grounded clubs fall if they went down again and crowds fell massively, do clubs of this size have to move grounds eventually due to not being able to afford such large stadium costs?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are (joint) top of the league, I say we are (joint) top of the league.......

League2.jpg

I know it's a bit early in the season to be celebrating such a thing but as a Col U supporter you have to celebrate when you can as you never know when your next chance will be.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can see Villa going down successive seasons, spoke to a friend who went and he said they were lucky Luton didn't stick 6 past them!

How far can some of these ex well grounded clubs fall if they went down again and crowds fell massively, do clubs of this size have to move grounds eventually due to not being able to afford such large stadium costs?

I don't think it would matter, they would make savings on staff first, if anything.

If things got that bad, they could just open 2 stands for games.