Football League Thread 2016/17

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So it's back tomorrow and off to Craven Cottage full of hopes and dreams for the season ahead. Who am I kidding? it's Fulham and they'll always find new ways to disappoint. Have to say this season I'm really worried for our survival in the championship with Dembele already gone and McCormack seemingly on his way soon. Without their goals last year we'd have been sunk by Christmas. Think we will this year

Still a glorious free flowing trouncing of the Geordies tomorrow and I'll be a happy man and my worries will disappear until next week at least

How do you think your team will do this season while we can all still dream anything is possible. Ate you hopeful or like me full of trepidation or will it just be another season of the same old same old. Who will be the surprise packages?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son has a season ticket at Newcastle, £68 this year. He is quite excited as he might see them win some matches this year :D. If they start well I think they will romp it. If they start badly then the home crowd will turn very quickly and it could be rough.

Homer - I fear for Fulham. We don't get much news about them up here but something doesn't seem right. I presume you are selling McCormack as the parachute payments have gone / reduced significantly. Do you have any hope for the season? Do you have players coming through?

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Same old **** with Cellino at the helm. Never been so underwhelmed this close to a season starting.

D

Deleted member 18588

a prem team in waiting

No such thing!

Like all clubs you are what you are, or should I say you are where you are.

To think otherwise leads to the "we are a big club!" delusion.

If, after 46 or 49 games Brighton are promoted then and only then are they a "prem team".

FWIW I think they have a good chance of again making the play-offs but I can't see them being in the top two.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My son has a season ticket at Newcastle, £68 this year. He is quite excited as he might see them win some matches this year :D. If they start well I think they will romp it. If they start badly then the home crowd will turn very quickly and it could be rough.

Homer - I fear for Fulham. We don't get much news about them up here but something doesn't seem right. I presume you are selling McCormack as the parachute payments have gone / reduced significantly. Do you have any hope for the season? Do you have players coming through?

Not sure we're selling per se but McCormack is a bit of a mercenary and has been looking to move for a while. With Dembele gone as well I fear where the goals are coming from. With a leaky defence too it's a recipe for disaster. At 11/2 for Fulham to go down and 16/1 to finish bottom I'm tempted to earn a few quid to ease my suffering over the next nine months. Stay up and I'll be happy (amazed) and go down and I'll have earned a few bob

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Expect Newcastle and Norwich to be in the mix.Such a difficult league to predict with everyone capable of beating one another.Would like to see Leeds get back to PL but cant see it happening.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Expect Newcastle and Norwich to be in the mix.Such a difficult league to predict with everyone capable of beating one another.Would like to see Leeds get back to PL but cant see it happening.

I think Newcastle will be in the play offs at the very least and at least they'll get three points to start them off tomorrow. Derby will be there or there abouts as will Brighton