Football in general....anyone getting as bored as me??

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Decent old fashioned football tomorrow night, Morton v st midden in the league cup at cappielow.

No big timers, £15 quid in, terracing, smoking permitted, decent cheap pies, good banter and a hostile atmosphere - can't wait!

Should be a good derby tonight. Hopefully the high-flying Saints will win but we might be too focussed on top 6 SPL this year (+Europe next year) and let the Soapdodgers sneak a win.

I think you buddies are being a bit too optimistic about this season!

It will be a very quiet train journey back from cartsdyke tonight after the ton Have bought you back down to earth :D

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
I think you buddies are being a bit too optimistic about this season!

It will be a very quiet train journey back from cartsdyke tonight after the ton Have bought you back down to earth :D

Yeah, we probably are being over optimistic and it'll all come crashing down soon. Still, At least Danny Lennon has got us playing attractive attacking football instead of the pish produced under Gus MacPherson.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Cappielow will be a great place to watch a game tonight,as you say it will be a real game with no holds barred tackles and good banter between the rival fans and the fact there is terracing is a huge plus although did they not stick some seats in under the midden that is the cooshed?

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cappielow will be a great place to watch a game tonight,as you say it will be a real game with no holds barred tackles and good banter between the rival fans and the fact there is terracing is a huge plus although did they not stick some seats in under the midden that is the cooshed?

Yes there is a bit of seating at the front of the cowshed, surrounded by terracing. 'they' will be in the wee Dublin end so let's hope for a bit of traditional Greenock weather :D

Grumps

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Count yourself lucky you don't support arsenal. Actually, no, you are still worse off supporting Celtic and Scotland. Sorry.

Who does?

Me I'm still proud to be a gooner but struggling to get the interest in games as it's all about money now and no not just cause we won't spend any ... Too many players are happy to train all week and sit in stands at weekend as long as they get their 100 - 200 grand a week paid into bank clubs mean nothing to them anymore .

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
Count yourself lucky you don't support arsenal. Actually, no, you are still worse off supporting Celtic and Scotland. Sorry.

Who does?

Me I'm still proud to be a gooner but struggling to get the interest in games as it's all about money now and no not just cause we won't spend any ... Too many players are happy to train all week and sit in stands at weekend as long as they get their 100 - 200 grand a week paid into bank clubs mean nothing to them anymore .

No, I meant who are you accusing of being a tim and a Scotland supporter?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Who does?

No, I meant who are you accusing of being a tim and a Scotland supporter?

Moi....Hail Hail. ;)

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk

7 goal thriller, mutual respect between the two managers, quality banter, everything that football should be.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive been drifting away from football for a number a years now, I think mostly because of the money issue. Firstly I can't afford to attend matches anymore at £30 a ticket plus match day expenses. Secondly the money mad way in which it has gone players on £200k is just wrong and gives no incentive and no balance.

After the last world cup where England should no grit or passion for the shirt and let down the nation and fans who have spent lots of hard earned cash travelling the world to support them. I swore then I would never watch another England game and so far I've stuck to my word.

My team Leicester are now another example of buying their way out of trouble with rich owners. I still look for the results and still love the team and will get behind them when I can but I enjoy my golf more now. The club doesn't care if I'm there or not so enjoy my golf where everything is down to me and no one else.