Flooded Greens - what are the options

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a competition today, the club captain's prize to the ladies, the presentation was to be done after the competition.

The weather was fine when we started but rain came in, so much so that by the time the last group reached the 17th, the green was more or less covered in water. The group struggled to putt out and although they finished their round the question was asked what options did they have.

As it was a Sunday there were no green staff on, I did suggest that they could have taken an upturned bunker rake and try and remove the water themselves, as postponing the round was impractical what other options were available?

D

Deleted member 15344

The comp should have been halted until the green cleared of water or became playable.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
As it was a Sunday there were no green staff on, I did suggest that they could have taken an upturned bunker rake and try and remove the water themselves, as postponing the round was impractical what other options were available?

This.

I did this on Monday in a comp, saved calling in asking for the greenies to come and squeegy the line for me.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
This.

I did this on Monday in a comp, saved calling in asking for the greenies to come and squeegy the line for me.

As you clearly didn't know this is a penalty, and the competition is closed, that's the end of it but it's a 2 shot penalty (16-1a and more precisely 16 -1a/1).

Much better to get someone else to do it.