Flag it

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just for some frivolous stuff for a Friday, what’s your courses’ flags for the greens. One colour throughout, numbered, mixed colours, club crest/logo, something else? Do they have any significance other than telling you where the hole is?

Local course currently using a floral design flag, except for 9th & 18th greens which they use a variety of national flags from round the world (changed every few days)

flag.jpg

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I like a fancy flag.

We have real boring red and yellow ones.

We did have a comp sponsored by a suit company in town and they had their own flags made up for the weekend. They looked nice as they were different but not easy to see as they were orange and black. Like a tigers camouflage. Lol

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ours are all white with a club logo. They're pretty new so look quite smart.

We did go down the red/yellow/white route to indicate where on the green the pin was for a while but there was quite a bit of contention in some cases as to whether the colour really did represent where it was...lot of interpretation as to where the "boundaries" were.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have red front, yellow middle white back (all with the club logo) which only works if the green keeper remembers to put the right colour flag on.

I sometimes forget that other clubs do not use this system and aim for the wrong part of the green where yellow out red back is being used.o_O

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have red (front) yellow (middle) and white (back) and all have the club badge on them

This for us. Club bowed to a bit of pressure from those with GPS and gives front, middle, back.

Personally prefer our ‘posh’ flags, all white with the crest embroidered on. They look mega.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
All have the club crest, but red, yellow, white for front, middle, back. And a few special ones for special occasions - eg poppy flags for Remembrance Sunday, St George's Cross for the St George's Shield comp etc

sunshine

Visit site
We have red (front) yellow (middle) and white (back) and all have the club badge on them

My old club used to have red (front), white (middle), blue (back). Confused my mates when they visited and kept thinking a white flag was at the back of the green, like every other course.