Fitting at Silvermere

fripnchips

Assistant Pro
Visit site
So i went with Ads749r to Silvermere as he is after new irons and Somehow managed to book myself in for a custom driver fitting as i've been struggling with mine in the wind for a while.

Arrived for the fitting with no real idea of what i was after and after warming up let the fitter do the work i did however suggest the Ping g30 ls as i'd tried it and got on with it previously.

After several clubs and several shafts in each The end result was that the best club for me was a toss up between the Taylormade M1 and R15 with the carry increasing from 209 yards to 229 (R15) and 235 (M1) both performing best with the fuji 57 evolution. Both saw decreases in spin rates from circa 3500 with my current driver to an average of 2200 with both clubs however the distribution felt and looked better with the R15.

Its amazed me how much difference shafts make on the club and how much my ball flight has changed with this club.

So despite my head telling me how nice the M1 was we both agreed that the R15 was the club for me. Happy Christmas Me.

What an experience it was and what a range/store they have over there. Really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Is that the place they run lefthadedgolf out of? As a lefty have always wanted to visit, but it is over 3 hours away from me so not really practical.

Glad to hear you had a good experience and were not pushed into getting the more expensive M1.

fripnchips

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is that the place they run lefthadedgolf out of? As a lefty have always wanted to visit, but it is over 3 hours away from me so not really practical.

Glad to hear you had a good experience and were not pushed into getting the more expensive M1.

Thats the place. Very impressive.

Yeah at double the price he couldn't justify me buying it. He actually went below my budget as well so very impressed. Just hope it still has the magic when i get out on course

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk

Fantastic shop. I went down for the Doug Mc.Clelland charity golf day in October. My leftie mate had been looking unsuccessfully for a Ping G25 32° hybrid. I told him I'd contact the left handed shop but didn't hold out much hope that they'd have something as exotic. Sent them an email mail and within 10 minutes I had a reply saying there was one behind the counter waiting for me to collect. When I went they had more left handed stuff than I've ever seen in one place before. Definitely worth a visit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
So i went with Ads749r to Silvermere as he is after new irons and Somehow managed to book myself in for a custom driver fitting as i've been struggling with mine in the wind for a while.

Arrived for the fitting with no real idea of what i was after and after warming up let the fitter do the work i did however suggest the Ping g30 ls as i'd tried it and got on with it previously.

After several clubs and several shafts in each The end result was that the best club for me was a toss up between the Taylormade M1 and R15 with the carry increasing from 209 yards to 229 (R15) and 235 (M1) both performing best with the fuji 57 evolution. Both saw decreases in spin rates from circa 3500 with my current driver to an average of 2200 with both clubs however the distribution felt and looked better with the R15.

Its amazed me how much difference shafts make on the club and how much my ball flight has changed with this club.

So despite my head telling me how nice the M1 was we both agreed that the R15 was the club for me. Happy Christmas Me.

What an experience it was and what a range/store they have over there. Really enjoyed it.

They do give you a good service down there. It's dangerous every time I go near the place as I'm a magpie drawn to anything (new) shiny. Hope it works for you and expecting big things in 2016

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site

You'll be able to get to the 1st hole green in one shot now with that spanky lovely new driver. :D

Ads749r

Head Pro
Visit site
Well at least level with the trees if he catches one
:D
With the increased sweet spot on the r15 think being level with the trees should be minimum now.

fair does it was crazy watching him on the range with it how much more distance he was getting and more of a penetrating flight. I so need to go and get fitted for irons now. Hope father crimbo dumps his sack of shiny irons in my room.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
32* hybrid! Does your mate play in heels or only wear them at weekends :rofl:

yep that's the place.
I was there for the Titleist earlier in the year and as a fellow cack hander I was in heaven in the lefty shop. Its not the biggest place in the world but my god have they got some stock - from everyday ping,callaway etc to Vega and Miura.
its well worth a visit if you can put up with the drive.