Fitted wardrobes

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hammonds - i think - somehow associated with john lewis?

I've used Hammond in the past. Good but pricey.
Depends how fitted you want them to be. In my spare room I put up some IKEA wardrobes into an alcove - quite pleased with them.
There are some independants that build, supply and install. Check out youtube.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I've used Sharps twice with good results..

A mate of mine used to work for Sliderobes, they did some good stuff.

We've used Sharps twice; once very good, once very bad. Depends very much on the fitter.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending this guy; https://www.emmess.co.uk

Did our front room units a few years ago & still look as good as new.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had an alcove in the bedroom that I wanted turned in to wardrobes.
Got Sharps out to quote, told him what I wanted, wall squared off and sliding doors across the whole length.
£3900 was the quote. I was a bit shocked.

Took me a week and £550 to build exactly the same thing.

I get they have to make money but blatantly ripping people off is why I can't stand these companies.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
We’ve just had them fitted in two bedrooms. First quote we got was from Sharps. He said they had a half price deal so offered us a total price of £10k. Got 2 more quotes from local companies, both cheaper and the one we went with were really pleased and a lot cheaper. Nice and solid

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Can't give you any recommendations for companies (ours was done by a local firm in Hemel Hempstead), but I do have a tip about drawers:

Good quality bedroom drawers these days tend to have full thickness (ie. 19mm) bases and sides.
The sales pitch is that you can stand on them and they won't break.
Okay, sounds great, but the result is that the drawer capacity is quite significantly reduced compared to a drawer with thinner carcases.
And how often do you want to stand on one anyway?

Myblueheaven

Visit site
We had a full wall of sharps fitted. The finished result in our bedroom is great, wardrobes are fantastic, the four holes in our second bedroom wall are not so great where the fitter drilled through.
So, Wardrobes great, the chaos caused not so, and not great to deal with if you have issues, great before the fit, not so afterwards.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another fan of putting Ikea furniture into a fitted wardrobes.
We has a spare Ikea plain dresser which I was about to take to the charity shop. had a light bulb moment and wondered if it would fit in the spare room wardrobe.
Fitted perfectly and now a easy to use sensible place for keeping the linen other than under the bed.