Fishing tackle

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good thread!!
Having recently retired and relocated to the Fydle coast I have now succumbed and bought some sea fishing gear. As the beach is 5 minutes away and you can get free bait, it was an attraction I couldn't resist any longer. I like the fact I can go for a few hours when the tide is right and don't have to carry the massive amount of gear needed for coarse match fishing. Its also a bonus that you can park close by!!

You should try fly fishing.
One rod/reel, one net and a jacket with lots of pockets ............................. job done.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
All my fishing now is pole fishing. A very accurate way of fishing, if you have the right gear. By that, I mean having a proper box to sit on correctly with roller(s).
I've seen guys try the pole with fishing chairs , and struggle. They always will, really.
Golden rule. The pole is not a rod and shouldn't be lifted to play the fish.

Seen some wonderful wild life sights whilst quietly fishing. Nature can be surprising.?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Tomorrows the day gents! So excited to get out again! Watched far too many fishing videos on youtube this week!

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Tomorrows the day gents! So excited to get out again! Watched far too many fishing videos on youtube this week!

Tight lines a- stay calm and don't try to land a good'un too quick. Have a wet towel to lay the fish on and wet hands to handle the fish.Good luck

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Tight lines a- stay calm and don't try to land a good'un too quick. Have a wet towel to lay the fish on and wear hands to handle the fish.Good luck

One rod for the big stuff - luncheon free line as suggested!

One float rod for the little stuff - maggots probably!

Ill be happy catching literally any fish :LOL:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Na - you've been kicked out!

When I look at all the technicalities, I am sure I am blooming rubbish at fishing, but I still catch and have a laugh! And, if you don't go banzai on all the stuff, it is dead cheap!

This is the best thing about it! Its £60ish to join a local angling society near me, £30 rod license and you're sorted for a year!

For this weekend, ive spent a whopping £8 on bait and thats literally it...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
This is the best thing about it! Its £60ish to join a local angling society near me, £30 rod license and you're sorted for a year!

For this weekend, ive spent a whopping £8 on bait and thats literally it...
Try carp fishing...
Rods £800.00
Reels £600.00
Alarms £200.00
Bivvy £300.00
Bedchair £150.00
Chair £100.00
Rodpod £150.00
Boilies £10.00 kilo
Syndicate membership ?????

???

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Try carp fishing...
Rods £800.00
Reels £600.00
Alarms £200.00
Bivvy £300.00
Bedchair £150.00
Chair £100.00
Rodpod £150.00
Boilies £10.00 kilo
Syndicate membership ?????

???

I meant after buying the kit smithy.... :ROFLMAO: It costs nothing for all that if your dad brought it 10 years ago! :ROFLMAO:

At those prices, you're getting the better kit though!

What the hell is a rodpod?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have a wet towel to lay the fish on and wet hands to handle the fish.Good luck

DO NOT LAY FISH ON A WET TOWEL!!!!!! A fish is supposed to be placed In the hand or if big enough on a unhooking mat that is smooth. A wet towel removes the slime off the fish. A fishes slime is its immune system. You are likely to be kicked off a lake for such actions. Especially carp lakes.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Pods are free standing and hold multiple rods... so that you can put them on the concreted fishing platforms common to many commercial carp fisheries...

...on natural venues, you stick an "oldskool" bank stick into the soil... £2.50 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Banksticks are okay if you know the ground is going to be soft. If you turn up at a strange venue for the first time, and the swims are gravelled, or wooden, you're snookered. With a pod, you can fish anywhere.
Plus, your rods are nice and level. That's very important, because everybody knows that level rods catch more fish.