First round for a while Tips?

Cossie440

Hacker
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Newbie here.

I'm playing my first round since September this weekend (due to work and house move I've simply not had the time) and would like some advice on how to prepare so I don't completely stink the place out? I may be able to squeeze a trip to the range between now and then but not sure.

Any advice would be welcome

Marty420

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dont try blasting the driver off the first tee! Just play at about 80%. Take an extra club than what you normally would and swing smoothly, concentrating on making good contact with the ball.

Last edited:

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Newbie here.

I'm playing my first round since September this weekend (due to work and house move I've simply not had the time) and would like some advice on how to prepare so I don't completely stink the place out? I may be able to squeeze a trip to the range between now and then but not sure.

The only thing I can suggest really is not to have high expectations, its going to take abit of time I think you know that already.
Enjoy your first round back, try to hit some good shots and just go from there, get back into it

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Enjoy yourself and I'm sure things will come flooding back. I'd recommend a proper warm up - stretches, driving range, chipping and putting green.

S

Snelly

Watch the club hit the ball.

The only tip that works, especially for putting.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dont try blasting the driver off the first tee! Just play at about 80%. Take an extra club than what you normally would and swing smoothly, concentrating on making good contact with the ball.

Watch the club hit the ball.

The only tip that works, especially for putting.

As above.

The only other thing, no matter how it goes, be glad you're back out there and enjoy.

G_Mulligan

Tour Rookie
www.thegolfpsychologist.co.uk
As above.

The only other thing, no matter how it goes, be glad you're back out there and enjoy.

Breathe deeply and slowly and smile before every shot and in between. You are out doors in the fresh air and you have a golf club in your hands. It really doesn't get much better than that so anything else is a bonus. Enjoy.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Newbie here.

As all others have said, enjoy being back on the course.....but you haven't given any background.

Did you stop through injury? Lack of time? What standard were you before you stopped?

I only mention it as there may be other advice offered depending on the reason for the break.

Cossie440

Hacker
Visit site
As all others have said, enjoy being back on the course.....but you haven't given any background.

Did you stop through injury? Lack of time? What standard were you before you stopped?

I only mention it as there may be other advice offered depending on the reason for the break.

Yeah just haven't had the time due to moving house and work commitments. Standard wise I normally can get round in the 90s

Thanks for the advice though everyone, defiantly a case of just see why happens and be able to laugh at the miss-hits if and when they happen

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome along. Go out to enjoy the game and have no expectations. I imagine there will be a few good holes, a few real horrors and some so so golf in between. Have fun and remember the par's and consign the rubbish to the mental dustbin once you get to the bar