First "proper" club membership - Chorley GC

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I joined Stand this year and its a cracking course, everyone seems very friendly and they have good rates for new members under 30!

Ah!!! I fellow Bury-ite and Stand man, at last! :thup:

And welcome to the forum although not so welcoming now your bragging about your rates, they don't do an under 39 one...

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
never played at chorley even though I am only a few miles down the road. I have however sampled the delights of Duxbury which i guess this time of year is part golf course/swimming pool!

Anyway I digress and wish you luck at your new club

Maiken

Hacker
Visit site
I was looking to join Stand for a while but once they brought the new membership classes out I jumped at the chance! paid up in Jan so get the 15 months for 12 but the weather isn't the best at the moment and I've been told I can't get a handicap until they are back on the full course which is limiting me to playing late weekends or mid week!!

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad your finally in Fella :whoo:
As Ive said before you'll love it once the season is up and running and You'll feel at home in no time at all. Its a great club and the course isn't too bad either.
I'll be in touch for a game as soon as the weather picks up :thup:
This weather is driving me up the wall at the moment, not played since Christmas :angry:

Cheers Pal

I will be grabbing you to maybe help me get my 3 cards in.

After round beer will be on me of course

Picked my membership pack up today from the secretaries office so i am good to go.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have played it twice over the last few months and have been really impressed with pretty much every aspect of the place.

Canny wait to get out there

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
Its got to be the Toughest hole in Lancs!

My last 29 comp Stats on the 5th... Playing off 9

No pars
15 bogies
10 doubles
4 Worse

Tough as old boots :D

Makes me feel better & I can believe it. It's really difficult to reach in 2 & that green is no 2putt gimme either.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I will be grabbing you to maybe help me get my 3 cards in.

No problem at all mate. Im assuming you'll want to get them in ASAP when the full course is back on, just give me a shout and we'll sort it :thup:

Makes me feel better & I can believe it. It's really difficult to reach in 2 & that green is no 2putt gimme either.

The hole is a beast :D Ive only hit it in 2 a handful of times and even then your faced with a seriously slippery green.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, just got home to a letter confirming that my membership has been accepted at Stand Golf Club.

First ever membership and slightly excited at the prospect. As soon as the course is back to its full SSS I'll be out there like a flash getting my three cards in. Nervous about integrating but I'll ask the pro to hopefully 'match me up'. Never played in comps before either so would be a tad nervous about marking cards etc as per the examples in Lincoln's thread in the rules section but either way, I'm looking forward to just being able to rock up and play.

:cheers:

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
As some of you may know i have been looking for a new club for 2014 and onwards.

Previously i was rather nomadic, before joining my local muni last year. It was ok for a wee while but the course was in a bad state last year and it appeared that nothing was being done to sort it.

Well yesterday i was accepted to join Chorley, meaning i am now a first time member of a proper golf club.

Got my pin yesterday and pick up y joiners pack tomorrow. Sad i know, but i am buzzing.

If you find QWERTY posting in a few months about being paired with a right hacker over the next year, good chance it will be me!
:thup:

Not sad at all, you should be excited about it, congratulations.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good effort mate.

I should have played 18 yesterday and 36 today. Been really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately my lower back seized on me Saturday morning. Hoped to be fit in time for this morning, however an impromptu scuffle with a shoplifter that assaulted a member of staff in Tesco Express last night (i kid you not), obviously never helped my cause.

Been a paid up member for 10 days now and still have not played. Its killin me!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thought you lived in Skem. With your senior flex clubs :whoo::whoo:

Only played Chorley the once with Qwerty and really enjoyed the course. Will get up for a game again this year hopefully.

I'm not taking that from a Fleetwooder... And they're lighter, not softer.. Think Fillet steak compared to T-Bone... And you're the T-Bone......:thup:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds like the Wigan that I know and love...:D

It certainly brightened up an other wise dull trip for milk.

The scag head had pinched about 10 cans of Lynx deodorant. Thing is though, he absolutely stunk. I had to borrow some alco wipes from the boy behind the till after coppers arrested him, to clean my hands.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Flair, panache, guile....... :blah:

You'll have a 7w and a chipper next time I see you!

You'll have a 7 wood and chipper next time I see you.. They'll be roughly inserted where the sun don't shine, with the help of a very small amount of sawdust and iron filings........:D

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
It certainly brightened up an other wise dull trip for milk.

The scag head had pinched about 10 cans of Lynx deodorant. Thing is though, he absolutely stunk. I had to borrow some alco wipes from the boy behind the till after coppers arrested him, to clean my hands.

I'm trying to guess which Express you were in and I've narrowed it down a bit now!!!;)