First Handicap Allocation - Cat 1

Swango1980

Visit site
I have just processed a new members 3 cards for handicap. It was calculated as 3.0. However, I cannot set it as I get a message "Am initial handicap allocation for "Player Name" must be sanctioned by the appropriate Authority and is password protected. Please enter the Authorisation Code"

I will contact the player to ensure he hasn't been a member before, seems unusual for a player to be in their late 30's and have such a low handicap the first time they join a club. However, do I need to contact the County Golf Union?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have just processed a new members 3 cards for handicap. It was calculated as 3.0. However, I cannot set it as I get a message "Am initial handicap allocation for "Player Name" must be sanctioned by the appropriate Authority and is password protected. Please enter the Authorisation Code"

I will contact the player to ensure he hasn't been a member before, seems unusual for a player to be in their late 30's and have such a low handicap the first time they join a club. However, do I need to contact the County Golf Union?
Yes. They will give you a code.

Swango1980

Visit site
Phoning would have been quicker
Perhaps, but it was a Sunday night, so didn't think I'd get a reply, nor did I want to interrupt someones weekend if phones are diverted to personal numbers. Besides, from experience, often easier to get an e-mail with all the facts, rather than listen to someone on the phone, take notes (if need be) and then send the authorisation code. I assumed they may need to do a bit of digging to ensure they were happy with giving a player a 3 handicap? Maybe scour the CDH database to ensure they do not already exist.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must be unlucky. Clubs always seem to phone me at home. A while ago, the county sec mistakenly published it on the website. It's not there now.