First golf holiday

Buckbeak

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm travelling to Portugal on Thursday for a few days of golf and sun. Playing Salgados and a couple other nearby courses.

This is my first golf holiday. Is there any advice you can give me from those who have been or travel often?

Just want to make sure I take everything I need/make most of trip.

Thanks all

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Take plenty of sunscreen.
Take plenty of water.
Don't fret over a bad round.
Don't fret over pace of play ................................ walk slowly and take it all in.
If you don't need a buggy, don't have one.
I don't know your handicap, if it's anything like mine (17), take plenty of balls.
Enjoy the golf, then enjoy the beers. (y)

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take suncream, take a cap, take shorts, enjoy the golf however you play, if you want have a couple of beers in the buggy (if that's you thing - it's fun, you're on holiday), enjoy the drinks in the clubhouse after. Don't over pack. You can get everything out there if you forget something, there's normally guys around the course selling found balls.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm travelling to Portugal on Thursday for a few days of golf and sun. Playing Salgados and a couple other nearby courses.

This is my first golf holiday. Is there any advice you can give me from those who have been or travel often?

Just want to make sure I take everything I need/make most of trip.

Thanks all

If you're only taking carry on luggage, cram as much as you can into the golf travel bag - including sun lotions, etc, as you won't be able to take anything over 100ml if that is the case.

My main advice is to enjoy it; take in the scenery, lap up the sun & have fun.