First Expensive Club which one

Prodavid116

Visit site
So just wondering what the first expensive club you most likely buy first within £200 to £300 would it be a Driver , Hybrid ETC.... im thinking of going with a Driver as my first Really good golf club and work through to the 3 and 5 Wood as all my irons are Titleist which are 10yrs old but still quite good imo?

D

Deleted member 29109

The clubs you are likely to use the most. So, a putter and wedges would be my suggestion.

Prodavid116

Visit site
Why go expensive at all. Plenty of bargains out there. If I was going to make a big money purchase it would be a putter and part of that cost would be getting a fitting to find a putter to suit my stroke
Yea very true I just keep looking at stores and some of the new clubs look amazing , I know it won’t make me any better tho .

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forget about the price. The best one might not be that expensive. Find a pro who can find a driver and putter that suits you and optimises your game. Typically, the driver might be fairly expensive of you gofer a current model Ping, Cally, TM etc. I am a lot less convinced that modern putters are much better than older ones, and there are some very good putters available for a lot less than a driver.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So just wondering what the first expensive club you most likely buy first within £200 to £300 would it be a Driver , Hybrid ETC.... im thinking of going with a Driver as my first Really good golf club and work through to the 3 and 5 Wood as all my irons are Titleist which are 10yrs old but still quite good imo?
I'm certainly of the opinion that iron technology hasn't improved significantly recently. Pretty much all that manufacturers have done is reduce lofts, so now a 6 iron is hitting the same distance as an 'old' 5 iron - simply because that's what it effectively is! Driver technology HAS improved, but not particularly significantly in the last couple of years or so. Finding the 'right' shaft is possibly where the distance/accuracy dilemna can be solved - by getting fitted. Wedges are personal, so nothing new 'commercial' product releases do will likely really (perhaps save a couple of 'magic' ones) be better than your existing ones that you have 'got used to'. Of all the tools in any bag, it's the Putter that's likely to have greatest effect on your scores imo. Find one that works for you and it will reward you like a faithful dog/horse!
The old saying 'Drive for show; putt for dough'still applies!
Oh and btw! Consider hybrids to replace long irons. Far more forgiving - and more versatile too! These will probably have more immediate effect on scores than either new Driver or Putter, even if those are 'the one'!

Oh and FWIW, don't forget getting some assistance from a Professional!

So while not recommending any particular 'strategy', that's my view on where to 'focus'! Enjoy the ride!

Last edited: