First Comp since joining

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeh, reading up on it this morning, could do that or take 2 clubs lateral, is that right?

If your keen to learn the rules you could do what I do from time to time and go on the R and A rules quiz, there's 4 levels to the quiz so as you learn more you can work your way up to the harder questions

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If your keen to learn the rules you could do what I do from time to time and go on the R and A rules quiz, there's 4 levels to the quiz so as you learn more you can work your way up to the harder questions

Been doing that a bit today, wish they’d ditch the caddie-related questions, I’ll never need to know! 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Noooooooo!! Bugger. It was my pp who told me about dropping it on a line from the ball back to the tee, for 2 penalty strokes! Looks as though we both need to learn the rules!

That’s so annoying, would’ve totally changed that hole because not only would I have had 1 stroke less, but my swing after that drop was slightly impeded.

Right, I’m off to read the rules in full.

Noooooooooo!!!
Get a copy of the players copy of the rules, a sandwich bag and put the book in the bag (to keep it dry in the rain) and leave it in the bag for when you need it. If you need to refer as you are unsure how to proceed or the advice you're given doesn't sound right, call the group behind through and read the relevant rule

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Get a copy of the players copy of the rules, a sandwich bag and put the book in the bag (to keep it dry in the rain) and leave it in the bag for when you need it. If you need to refer as you are unsure how to proceed or the advice you're given doesn't sound right, call the group behind through and read the relevant rule
Yep, you can also download the app for your phone.

Springveldt

Visit site
Yeh, reading up on it this morning, could do that or take 2 clubs lateral, is that right?
Yes, 2 club lengths, no nearer the hole for a 1 shot penalty.

You have 3 options.
1. Go back and hit again from within 1 club length of the previous spot.
2. Go back in a straight line between the ball and the hole for as far as you want, then mark the point and drop within 1 club length there.
3. Take 2 club lengths from the place the ball lies, no closer to the hole.

https://www.randa.org/Rog/2019/Rules/The-Rules-of-Golf/Rule-19

All 3 options are a 1 shot penalty.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, 2 club lengths, no nearer the hole for a 1 shot penalty.

You have 3 options.
1. Go back and hit again from within 1 club length of the previous spot.
2. Go back in a straight line between the ball and the hole for as far as you want, then mark the point and drop within 1 club length there.
3. Take 2 club lengths from the place the ball lies, no closer to the hole.

https://www.randa.org/Rog/2019/Rules/The-Rules-of-Golf/Rule-19

All 3 options are a 1 shot penalty.

That’s great, thanks, I’ll certainly know next time!