First Club Membership

RoninPanda

Visit site
You seem to have quite a wide radius of places you are looking at. Where do you live?

I live by Odsal Stadium in Bradford. Dewsbury is the furthest at about half an hour away and is mainly on the list as my partner's uncle is a member there. The rest are all 20 mins drive or less, for Howley Hall that's probably a bit too relient of the M62 not being it's usual self though.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Just seen your post on Played Today and...
So which club are you joining? And maybe tell us what made you decide on that one.
And what about that old Slazenger set?

RoninPanda

Visit site
I'm joining Woodhall Hills, in the end it came down to that and Willow Valley as they are the closer, I can be at each one in about 15 minutes. The more I thought about it, being closer was a bigger factor for membership, I'll still be able to play the other courses I've liked the look of.

I really enjoy the course at Woodhall Hills and it's a bit less daunting than the main course at Willow Valley, especially at my current level. WH felt really friendly, I had good chats with the president, the pro and a few members. Just the overall feel I got of the place swung it. The 25% off membership helped as well, naturally!

I'll be able to grab the Slazengers this week so I'll grab some photos

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I've recently taken up golf and after a few lessons and a few rounds I'm completely hooked, bought myself some slightly more up-to-date clubs than the £50 facebook marketplace full set that I started with (wooden woods have helped me appreciate newer clubs!) and now I'm starting to creep towards that 1st goal of breaking 100. I'm still trying to work out if I hate the shanks more, or 3 putting from 6ft after getting to the green nicely too.

I've come to the decision that I want to join a golf club as I like the idea of both the handicap/competitions and the social aspect as I've recently moved to a new area (South Bradford/Halifax). I've played a few courses locally and I'm aiming to try more before deciding, but I was wondering what things to look for in a club beyond enjoying the course (as well as the cost) and how important they are to you?

Does anyone local have any recommendations on clubs to join or courses I need to play in the area?

Welcome, welcome. Do not under any circumstances start 'hating on', or fretting about, shanking the ball - because once you do you will be infected. Three putting is a mere trifle that can be sorted with little pain and a little bit of concentration. Forget about the 'others' you have done or might do - and erase it from your thinking.