Finally - HDTV arrives in the back of beyond.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
My TV died. Went from slow to start to fuzzy lines that took 1/2 an hour to disappear. Not the most impressive life-span from a half decent Panasonic Viera, but there you go.
Checked out a few reviews and models online, then went in search......
I had a failed effort to hook up an HD freesat box to my TV over the Christmas and got a refund on the box.
Anyway, whilst out and about, I found a Panasonic with inbuilt freeview and freesat HD and decided this was the way forward.
Argos and Tesco both have it listed but out of stock at £449, so I got it elsewhere for £499. Not bad - it IS just about available on t'internet for £450, but stocks are low as it's being replaced (at £800+)
First impressions are excellent. Freeview and Freesat auto-set-up on power-up and I've watched a blu-ray and some BBC HD already.

The only downer on the day was the moment when I turned down the extended warranty (£150) which the chap was trying to push with a "one-off" discount. I know the deal with these warranties and just said no. His parting shot was "your last TV didn't last very long, I hope for your sake I don't see you back in here in another 2 years". Twit. Didn't enjoy that bit of attitude.

Anyway. If you are after one it's a Panasonic TX-L32G10B. I think the G10 bit probably sold it to me!! :)
Not bad. Hardly top of the tree, but a good set with HD through the sky dish nonetheless.

Cheapest at Amazon i.i.r.c.

- - -

Anyone know if it's worth repairing an LCD TV?