Finally, a new medal PB!

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in today's medal after having had a couple of buffer stable ford rounds after having changed to contact lenses and managed to shoot a PB of 88 for a net 69, this included a 9 on our par 4 17th!

I've been going up 0.1 all season and went from 18.6 to 19.6 since January, but since changing to contacts I've had four solid rounds shooting 37 points, 34 points and yesterday 35 points. Today it all came together and even with a double on the first, third and fourth, I managed to scramble a few pars and two birdies to finish on 88!

It would have been lower had a not have made a silly decision on the 17th, I was thinking hybrid, chose driver, hit in red stake took a drop and hit it straight back in and another drop, then hit up the fairway then onto the back of the green followed by a three putt!

I'd been hitting solid all day, driver was slightly off and I was stinging the hybrid straight down the middle every time. I guess we live a learn!

I finished winner of division 3 as the computer was showing in the clubhouse, when the results have come through on how did I do, originally it was divisionalised but they changed it to one leaderboard, putting me 4th overall on count back to three other 69's from div 1 and 2 players. Think that means I may miss out on a division trophy.

Either way a good round and pretty chuffed and I've been cut from 19.2 to 18.0.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well played Philly, chuffed for you.

And another forum member endorsing a switch from specs to lenses...I may have to dig my prescription out!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
well played, I have contacts sitting in a box and a few 36 hole events coming up- I loathe playing in glasses.....might try it for a day...

the sacrifices we make for this game:whistle:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
DV, Give it a go, but would suggest trying for a day normally before commuting to 36 holes and always kept glasses handy.
Eyes can get dry and lens move if your unlucky, but overall so much easier.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
DV, Give it a go, but would suggest trying for a day normally before commuting to 36 holes and always kept glasses handy.
Eyes can get dry and lens move if your unlucky, but overall so much easier.

I've just bought some optex spray just in case of irritation, easier to do on the course than dry eye drops!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well played Phil. Conditions weren't easy as quite breezy - excellent scoring. 17th is a tough hole, especially off the whites.

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
hmmmm might have to check that out Phil, gonna give contacts a whirl this Saturday but hate using dry eye drops.

Eye drops half way round would annoy me, the spray is done on a closed eye, much quicker and easier. The pack does say contact friendly :) tesco sell it or boots