Films

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thor. Mmmmmmmmmmm ?. Too silly for me. Ragnarok got the balance between straight and silly just right but this one tipped over too far.

As for the post credits scenes, go after the first one. The second adds nothing. If anyone leaves and wants to know what they missed, feel free to message me (although I'm sure the internet will provide)

Taika Waititi played safe with his first outing , this was very much his vision

Sometimes it wasn't a good thing

Without spoilers u missed 3 of the great reasons Ragnarok was so good with the actors not in this one

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taika Waititi played safe with his first outing , this was very much his vision

Sometimes it wasn't a good thing

Without spoilers u missed 3 of the great reasons Ragnarok was so good with the actors not in this one
Hopefully the people in charge will take note and not give him free reign again. It reminded me of someone allowed to improvise comedy scenes over and over instead of being tied to a script. The odd bit works but most falls flat.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few more Marvel films down…
I’ve noticed all the films seem to follow a similar pattern, action, long boring lull then action at the end.

Iron Man enjoyed it but the main character is a bit of a prat 7/10
Iron Man 2 as above 7/10
Thor, a lot better imo a solid 8/10

Half way through Marvel Avengers, decentish so far.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spiderman: No Way Home.
I am now officially totally Marveled out. There's a lot of dead horses being flogged out there. I appreciate that they make money, the special effects are good but, despite the changing story plots, I now feel I am just watching the same things churned around and around. :sleep:

I wll agree with that and I am a massive comic book fan. I will watch anything that comes on Disney plus but that is about it. I thnk that the whole thing peaked with endgame and they are struggling to move it on with less popular characters. Sadly, most run of the mill comic book stories are a bit samey and the interest comes from the quality of the bad guy, something that the MCU has really struggled with.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watched the latest Jurassic park film during the week as I couldn’t sleep.
it’s a pile of poo but it’s got
Bryce Dallas Howard in it and ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The new big budget The Gray Man on Netflix. What a pile of stinking sub-par borefest!
Your post beat me to it. Netflix have a real formula for their films, big explosions, car chases, big name stars (1 or 2), big budget, £2.50 spent on the script ?.

Concentrate more on the script, spend less on bullets and bangs.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Went to see Thor Love & Thunder on Friday. It was alright but so many silly comedy moments that it basically played like a parody of a Marvel film rather than an actual one. Even complete with Russell Crowe hamming it up with a silly voice for his character.

Christian Bale was pretty good to be fair.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Went to see Thor Love & Thunder on Friday. It was alright but so many silly comedy moments that it basically played like a parody of a Marvel film rather than an actual one. Even complete with Russell Crowe hamming it up with a silly voice for his character.

Christian Bale was pretty good to be fair.

My mate has started refering to new marvel as the mSHEu... Which judging by the new black pantha trailer I can see where he is starting to come from

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Jurassic World: Dominion. Well I’ll be the contrarian then. I quite enjoyed it, didn’t seem as long as it was and the special effects are stunning. Not a masterpiece but not a pile of :poop: either.