GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Multiverse has been around since the 60s lol it's a great concept

Plenty of chance to enhance stories and change actors

End game ended phase 3

So many new concepts coming in phase 4

I mean a whole new generation of fans to appeal to

The main issue I have is the need to have seen so much marvel across films and TV that it is not easy for casual followers to pick up the plot

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The main issue I have is the need to have seen so much marvel across films and TV that it is not easy for casual followers to pick up the plot

I think you can follow the majority of it but u miss the little details.

It is a commitment these days

But then isn't star wars the same? You can enjoy the film's but with the TV you can learn so much more if you choose

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I’m two Marvel films down, I’m doing them in the Disney suggested way, my daughter who has seen everything also agrees it’s the right way to watch them but said watch the series’s after one of the films (can’t remember which one, sounds Oriental lol).
Captain America - not great 5/10
Captain Marvel - enjoyed it 8/10

Watched the first 10 minutes of Ironman before bedtime, seems ok if not a touch cheesy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well I’m two Marvel films down, I’m doing them in the Disney suggested way, my daughter who has seen everything also agrees it’s the right way to watch them but said watch the series’s after one of the films (can’t remember which one, sounds Oriental lol).

Watched the first 10 minutes of Ironman before bedtime, seems ok if not a touch cheesy.
Captain Marvel second up? That was 2019, there are loads of films before then. That's odd if that is what Disney suggest.

Did you enjoy the way her hair was being constantly being blow dried as she moved :D. Very distracting.

Springveldt

Visit site
Captain Marvel second up? That was 2019, there are loads of films before then. That's odd if that is what Disney suggest.

Did you enjoy the way her hair was being constantly being blow dried as she moved :D. Very distracting.
Looks like chronological order as it's set in the 90's. Personally I wouldn't watch them this way as I'm not sure the end credit scenes will make any sense.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like chronological order as it's set in the 90's. Personally I wouldn't watch them this way as I'm not sure the end credit scenes will make any sense.

Yes that’s what it is, I’m watching them in order of when they are set. There are numerous websites that recommend that method as it makes more sense about the blue power brick thing. The end scene in Captain Marvel was bizarre but to be honest it was all very cheesy nonsense and I will have forgotten about it come next week.

Springveldt

Visit site
Yes that’s what it is, I’m watching them in order of when they are set. There are numerous websites that recommend that method as it makes more sense about the blue power brick thing. The end scene in Captain Marvel was bizarre but to be honest it was all very cheesy nonsense and I will have forgotten about it come next week.
Yes, the first end credit scene will be very confusing unless you have seen the other films.

Other than that, I've just checked the chronological order and it's not as bad as I thought.

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/marvel-movies-in-order/

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah, okay. That makes sense but equally it doesn't.

One tip for you. If you make it through them all, stop when you hit The Eternals. Absolute stinker of a film. Go around it and on to the next one :LOL:.

I'll be impressed if you manage them all like this. I saw each of them when they came out, months between each one. Bingeing them will probably be quite hard work I suspect.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Just watched "Oh! What a Lovely War".
I wasn't sure what to think of it before watching, but I actually enjoyed it. It has a great cast, and the songs go very well with what is an anti-war film. Quite moving and certainly does not glamourise war.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Iron Man is one of the best.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

One tip for you. If you make it through them all, stop when you hit The Eternals. Absolute stinker of a film. Go around it and on to the next one :LOL:.

I'll be impressed if you manage them all like this. I saw each of them when they came out, months between each one. Bingeing them will probably be quite hard work I suspect.

Ha ha top tip, I’ll give it a swerve lol.
The missus is still in hospital so I’ve got the place to myself, I’m watching maybe 2/3 of a film per night. I was telling the missus yesterday and she’s gutted because she loves the Marvel films and hasn’t watched them all ?

Springveldt

Visit site

Actually fell asleep in the cinema. I couldn't even tell you the names of the characters now and I've no intention of ever watching it again.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Actually fell asleep in the cinema. I couldn't even tell you the names of the characters now and I've no intention of ever watching it again.
I think if you told me they changed writer 5 times, director 4 times and re-edited it another 5 times I could quite believe it. It was just horrible. The only redeeming character was played by Kumail Nanjiani and that was simply because he has so much charisma and is plain funny. His sidekick / servant also gets a pass :D

Springveldt

Visit site
I think if you told me they changed writer 5 times, director 4 times and re-edited it another 5 times I could quite believe it. It was just horrible. The only redeeming character was played by Kumail Nanjiani and that was simply because he has so much charisma and is plain funny. His sidekick / servant also gets a pass :D
Even then I can't remember the character name or the servants name.

If I had to guess as the character names I think one was Icarus (easy to remember, everyone knows the story) and one was Gilgamesh (only remember that thanks to Civilization 6 game). The others, without going to google I couldn't tell you.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even then I can't remember the character name or the servants name.

If I had to guess as the character names I think one was Icarus (easy to remember, everyone knows the story) and one was Gilgamesh (only remember that thanks to Civilization 6 game). The others, without going to google I couldn't tell you.
No idea of the names, I had to google the guy as well, I'm not that much of a nerd to know them all :LOL:. I just remember they were quite good together and certainly stood out in a sea of awfulness. The rest I have blanked out.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He's also in the Kenobi series

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thor. Mmmmmmmmmmm ?. Too silly for me. Ragnarok got the balance between straight and silly just right but this one tipped over too far.

As for the post credits scenes, go after the first one. The second adds nothing. If anyone leaves and wants to know what they missed, feel free to message me (although I'm sure the internet will provide)