Films

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
The Mauritanian (on Amazon). True story of a guy arrested and held at Guantanamo Bay due to (tenuous) association with Al Qaeda activists. Jodie Foster is his lawyer.
Shocking portrayal of a man held without charge for 14 years after 9/11.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched Mad Max last night having never watched it before. Having heard so much mention of Mad Max over the last four decades…it was no more than OK I suppose.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Glad you say so as I was thinking I just have missed something.
You need to take into account when it was made, 1979, and its budget, $350,000. Yup, just $350k. It made $100m at the box office so a pretty tasty return.

Quite often these films don't stand the test of time but you need to take into account the context.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Copshop. Very enjoyable, a 70's style film. From the trailer you might think it's a comedy, it isn't. It has amusing and smart moments but it is hard nosed as well.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Black Widow. Such a waste. Great chance to make something more of a spy thriller, think marvel Bond, but get very standard fare. The Marvel films are best when they break the formula a bit, Black Widow did not even try and as for Ray Winston.........

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds exactly my kind of film - on the planner now :)
It brought back some old memories, I deputised on bass for a few months in Glasgow's The Grand Ole Oprey back in 1980, with a cracking 4 piece country band called The Drovers.
1 of THE DROVERS songs called Love Is Just a Game is on YouTube, posted 8 years ago by a David Irwin.
I deputised for the guy pictured on the right, taken in the Oprey

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Cruella. Surprisingly, to me, good. Very dark, not for young kids. Well worth a watch.

Only irritation was Emily Stone's English accent, too cut glass, but that tends to be the score ?‍♂️
We watched it last weekend. Totally not the movie we expected it to be, but very enjoyable.

None of the Disney movies are very child friendly, at least for our 5 y/o. Luca was possibly the 1st we watched all the way through, apart from Mary Poppins.