Films

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched Synchronic, Sky movies and I believe Netflix

A sort of buddy sci fi movie set in present time.

The beginning is the sort of what is going on that jars you.

Takes a while to get going but stick with it, a good watch.

The end is a really good twist.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched Synchronic, Sky movies and I believe Netflix

A sort of buddy sci fi movie set in present time.

The beginning is the sort of what is going on that jars you.

Takes a while to get going but stick with it, a good watch.

The end is a really good twist.

I quit too soon then...will give it another try!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to see Free Guy last night. From the write-up/description you'd be forgiven for thinking it might be rubbish, but it was excellent! Good cast including Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer in the lead roles, and the script was clever yet silly at the same time - the right balance of both to make it a really watchable comedy I think. And Taika Waititi hamming it up as the antagonist is always fun as well. Good stuff.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went to see Free Guy last night. From the write-up/description you'd be forgiven for thinking it might be rubbish, but it was excellent! Good cast including Ryan Reynolds and Jodie Comer in the lead roles, and the script was clever yet silly at the same time - the right balance of both to make it a really watchable comedy I think. And Taika Waititi hamming it up as the antagonist is always fun as well. Good stuff.
Just seen this and I'd agree. Really good fun with some clever lines and sneaky cameos. Well worth a trip to the cinema.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched The Exception

The plot is a fictionalized account of the life of exiled Kaiser Wilhelm II (Plummer). When a Wehrmacht officer (Courtney) is ordered to determine whether or not a British spy has infiltrated the Kaiser's residence with a view to assassinating the deposed monarch

Very good

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
There Will Be Blood.

Been meaning to watch this for years, got round to it last night. Very reminiscent of Citizen Kane. Daniel Day Lewis is outstanding.

Won't bother outlining the plot as am sure most folk will have seen it years ago. It's on Netflix for anyone who hasn't.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
There Will Be Blood.

Been meaning to watch this for years, got round to it last night. Very reminiscent of Citizen Kane. Daniel Day Lewis is outstanding.

Won't bother outlining the plot as am sure most folk will have seen it years ago. It's on Netflix for anyone who hasn't.
Daniel Day Lewis may just be the best character actor ever but Christian Bale pushes him close.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The latest Marvel film, Shang Chi, Legend of the Ten Rings. Really good film of its type, a good step forward for the new generation of Marvel films. It won't convert people who don't like superhero films but for those who do this delivers. A good night out ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Was suprisngly excited by the first trailer for the new Matrix film.
It’s good but the Dune trailer is still the one that has me most excited this year.

I wonder if the new Matrix will be boycotted by a certain backwards section of society now that it turns out the Matrix films are somewhat of a commentary of being transgender.