Films

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Completely agree watched this last week thoroughly enjoyed it and showcase good voices when not used for overly pop styled songs.

Christopher Robin: took kids to this today, if you got kids or grandkids take them they'll love it, but more importantly so will you as a grown up, lots of subtle laughs for the grown ups, real feel good film and makes you walk out the cinema just generally happy with and underlying feeling of knowing what's more important in life.

Spot on, particularly the bolded, well worth a watch.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Phew, just watched BlackKkKlansman, absolute belter of a film.
That ending, there was a silence I’ve never heard before in our house, it will stay with me for a long time I’m sure.

Saw it a the flicks, and experienced the same effect. The whole room was silent, pretty much so as we all left the room too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bohemian Rhapsody. I loved it, properly loved it. I like Queen so I'm biased and I accept if you don't like their music then I doubt this will change your mind. If you like them however then go along and wallow in this film. It will remind you how good they were, particularly live.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Bohemian Rhapsody. I loved it, properly loved it. I like Queen so I'm biased and I accept if you don't like their music then I doubt this will change your mind. If you like them however then go along and wallow in this film. It will remind you how good they were, particularly live.

Mrs BiM & I both loved it, and everyone I know who has seen it has been extremely complimentary, which makes me wonder why the critics gave it such a panning? :unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
BiM, critics like dark, gritty, misery. They, no doubt, would have liked a film that showed more of the dark side, the physical decline as Freddie became ill. Heaven forbid that film goers could feel joy and pleasure out of a story rather than come out depressed. (Cynical, moi?) Kermode, on r5, actually bought into the joy of the film on Friday which surprised me. Rare for him.

Every so often a film does well via word of mouth despite the the critics. This is one of them. Power to the people, as a radical once said, one for older forumers :LOL:

Blue in Munich

Visit site
BiM, critics like dark, gritty, misery. They, no doubt, would have liked a film that showed more of the dark side, the physical decline as Freddie became ill. Heaven forbid that film goers could feel joy and pleasure out of a story rather than come out depressed. (Cynical, moi?) Kermode, on r5, actually bought into the joy of the film on Friday which surprised me. Rare for him.

Every so often a film does well via word of mouth despite the the critics. This is one of them. Power to the people, as a radical once said, one for older forumers :LOL:

Ah, the Tooting Popular Front! :LOL:

U

User62651

The Foreigner on netflix.

Bit of a hope for the best choice tbh but wow, really surprised to get a terrific political thriller/actioner with Jackie Chan in an odd role as a bombing victims father seeking justice and Pierce Brosnan as a scheming ex IRA man/now politician. Pace was excellent and a good plot too.

U

User62651

To add if you haven't seen Wind River with Jeremy Renner and Elisabeth Olsen as leads, watch it, best film I've seen in a long while. Brutal in places but a great watch.

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last night, watched 22 July on Netflix (never heard of the film before)
about the Norwegian mass murder by Anders Breivik.
without giving much away, started well, quite graphic, but slowed a little..
worth a watch to be honest