Films

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the latest in the new Planet of the Apes films. To be honest, a bit disappointed. Loved the first 2 but this one was just OK. Nice that neither side was totally in the right or wrong and both could be seen a morally ambiguous and I suppose some of it was due to the increased use of subtitles which I never find ideal.

Watched the Hitman's Bodyguard as well. Totally mindless but Samuel L Jackson and Ryan Reynolds hamming it up makes for an entertaining couple of hours.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We finally got round to watching The Shape Of Water at the weekend, although we all enjoyed it, it did tail off of quite badly at the end and got quite tedious imo. If it was 20 minutes shorter it would have been much better.
My daughter summed it up perfectly “how did that beat 3 Billboards to the best film Oscar”.

D

Deleted member 1147

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. A lot of concentration required, not sure it was worth the effort.

Have you seen the BBC serialisation of this (starring Alec Guinness as George Smiley) - absolutely brilliant, and follows the book better than the film

D

Deleted member 1147

For sheer bonkersness, overacting - in fact over everything including the most stunning cinematography and technicolour wow - I doubt Duel in the Sun - Gregory Peck as the baddie, Joseph Cotton, Jennifer Jones (stunningly beautiful) currently showing on Talking Pictures TV can ever be beaten. But for all that, and because of all that, it is great fun.

Lust in the Dust, great film

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you seen the BBC serialisation of this (starring Alec Guinness as George Smiley) - absolutely brilliant, and follows the book better than the film

No. I remember it being on as a kid but I didn't watch it then and haven't tried looking for it since. Thanks for the tip though.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I watched The Revenant last night, what a load of dreary predictable rubbish!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched American Made, this weeks big release on Sky. Actually pretty good. Not at all what I expected from a Tom Cruise film, more like The Firm than his more action orientated releases.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jurassic world. My wife likes them, I have mixed feelings. This one was a bit weak but there were lots of jumpy bits. So much so that I got cramp in the last 5 minutes in both legs after tensing so often. Thankfully no one was sat near to me, apart from my wife, so once I'd leapt out of my seat and got it under control I was able to bizarrely stretch out across the other seats.

My wife didn't know whether to laugh or hide with embarrassment.

If there is another one I'm not going to bother.

butchercd

Club Champion
Visit site
Has anyone seen Mother! with Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem?

Its on Sky at the moment. Watched it expecting a standard, stock horror film.

All I can say is, it was nothing like I expected. Im still not sure if I enjoyed it or not, but there is a lot to think about in the film.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Black Panther. Enjoyed it, bit slower paced than most Marvel offerings but the better for it with some interesting questions asked and it was nice to have a totally different setting from the usual urban fare.