Films

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Poor Things. Took a bit of getting into, but it was well worth it. Very original, entertaining and a lot of laughs as well. Stone, Dafoe and Ruffalo are all absolutely tremendous.

Walt Disney must be spinning in his grave at some of the scenes though 😀

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just watched Road House this afternoon. I’ll be honest, after the reviews from here I was thinking I’d not bother, but the Mrs had seen some pics of Jake Gillenhall and wanted to watch it.

Seriously can not see why it’s been slagged off as much as it has. It’s a nonsense film that knows where it sits and delivers what it sets out to.

Does it want to win an Oscar? No. Does Connor Macreggor think he’s the next Tom Cruise? No. It does exactly what it says on the tin and I actually enjoyed it

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Old Oak.
Brilliant, should be a must watch for all year 16/18 year old schoolchildren.

Ken Loach really has his finger on the pulse of the uncomfortable truth of living in the UK.
One of our local churches showed it on a Friday film night, brave of them due to subject matter and lots of swearing, racism etc.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good news is that next week, Cineworld are showing some classic action films - already booked for Speed and Predator ("Get to the chopper") on Cineworld Unlimited card (y)
Defo saw Speed at the cinema when it came out - not so sure I saw Predator.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Good news is that next week, Cineworld are showing some classic action films - already booked for Speed and Predator ("Get to the chopper") on Cineworld Unlimited card (y)
Defo saw Speed at the cinema when it came out - not so sure I saw Predator.
Original Predator is one of my fav’s. Sonny Landham is superb in this