Film Guilty Pleasures

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Following on from the TV guilty pleasures, what are your film ones? The ones you like but are embarrassed to mention for whatever reason.
For me there are a few but I would say Notting Hill as it's more of a chick flick that I always enjoy. I'm sure I'll add some more as we go along.
Here's a thing that may give you some hints.
BBC Inside Cinema - Guilt Free Pleasures
Warning: Contains some strong language, explicit sexual content and some violence.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Deadly Ground. One of Steven Segal's best worst films. So bad it's good.

Michael Caine in a role he probably (read, definitely) regrets, looking bewildered as to why he is even there.
John C McGinley playing a parody of a comic book villain.
Joan Chen probably wondering why she used that agent.

Self directed so it gave Segal the license to just do what ever the hell he wanted and dialogue so bad it would make a cringe, cringe.

An Eco message about saving the planet juxtaposed by blowing large chunks out of said planet.

It's got everything, including a mystical dream sequence that no amount of LSD could either a) bring on or b) match.

But jesus chrsito, it's fantastic in it's terribleness.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seeing as I am watching Iron Man whilst I work and type this ......

Four Weddings and a Funeral - absolutely love it.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - and I still have a crush on Truly Scrumptious.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sound of Music....and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (quite possibly for same reason as @PS)

And despite dated attitudes in many things...Road to Bali ; The Paleface and Son of Paleface

These old Bob Hope films have a special place in my affections as I used to watch them with my dad - he was especially a fan of Dorothy Lamour, and Jane Russell was certainly all girl - and we did laugh.

sunshine

Visit site
The Goonies has been on sky recently and comes with a warning about outdated and offensive attitudes. So I guess that’s a guilty pleasure for me then.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mean Girls - I think it's really funny. Certainly Lindsay Lohan's best work.

Megamind - it's a cartoon but honestly one of mine and my wife's favourite films. Very funny - and arguably Will Ferrell's best work. ?

D

Deleted member 1147

Starship Troopers

Gross Point Blank

Southland Tales

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Commando - Arnie the 1 man army and the one liners

80's Jackie Chan - Wheels on Meals/ armour of god/ police story etc

Overboard - Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Talladega nights
Sat on the plane to some race crying with laughter... it was so close to the reality ?

Mon oncle and other Jacque Tati Monsier Hulot

Then anything semi violent adventure

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Deadly Ground. One of Steven Segal's best worst films. So bad it's good.

Michael Caine in a role he probably (read, definitely) regrets, looking bewildered as to why he is even there.
John C McGinley playing a parody of a comic book villain.
Joan Chen probably wondering why she used that agent.

Self directed so it gave Segal the license to just do what ever the hell he wanted and dialogue so bad it would make a cringe, cringe.

An Eco message about saving the planet juxtaposed by blowing large chunks out of said planet.

It's got everything, including a mystical dream sequence that no amount of LSD could either a) bring on or b) match.

But jesus chrsito, it's fantastic in it's terribleness.

IS that the one where Michael Caine has his hair dyed as really bad dark black colour.