Fereneze golf club

G1z1

Visit site
Played fereneze today and was told by a few people it’s a nice course after the first 3 holes. I really enjoyed the first 3 the 2nd was a cracking par 3 then on the 5th I got caught it heavy rain for about 20 mins so was soaked. Course was really enjoyable and the views are great, course was in cracking condition that’s now every course in the area in far better condition than my home course, my home course is like a bog the now. Greens again in really nice condition and most of them are massive. Did feel as if the course had almost no bunkers. Not sure if I will join there feel as if bonnyton is my favourite the now although I did really enjoy fereneze.

B4234C3D-D212-4A2B-8C82-90BDE48C72E1.jpegE589B680-D574-4070-9CAB-DF84D9ACDB26.jpeg41CE8B6E-E433-4430-9B04-3539F8F83294.jpeg81A0C6A7-58E0-4C15-8E05-17FA6A4EC4B9.jpegDE608EE2-E4BF-4FC8-BC58-F2088973EA4D.jpeg96BAD483-B10D-4101-9D56-BAFB9B6BEC03.jpeg

D

Deleted member 23270

Have you submitted all these cards to your club? I'm sure if you explained how well you are playing they could cut you to something more realistic.

G1z1

Visit site
Have you submitted all these cards to your club? I'm sure if you explained how well you are playing they could cut you to something more realistic.
No I’m not really worried about my handicap the now. Today I played terrible and just inconsistent, I’m just wanting to focus on getting consistent the now and I’ll worry about my handicap later.

D

Deleted member 15344

No I’m not really worried about my handicap the now. Today I played terrible and just inconsistent, I’m just wanting to focus on getting consistent the now and I’ll worry about my handicap later.

A net 63 and playing terrible ?‍♂️

G1z1

Visit site
A net 63 and playing terrible ?‍♂️
Yesterday I finished +3 and was -3 after 8 the Greenkeeper walked round the first 7 holes with me and couldn’t believe how much I have improved but fell away on the back 9. So +16 today was a shocker thinned A few irons today really need to get my consistency up and also I’m currently not even using my 3 wood or driver, that’s terrible considering how good I can play with my irons.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yesterday I finished +3 and was -3 after 8 the Greenkeeper walked round the first 7 holes with me and couldn’t believe how much I have improved but fell away on the back 9. So +16 today was a shocker thinned A few irons today really need to get my consistency up and also I’m currently not even using my 3 wood or driver, that’s terrible considering how good I can play with my irons.

sorry but you’re a 24 handicapper and you went round in 3 over par and disappointed with 16 over ?!

Am I missing something here ?

These cards should be submitted for handicap

G1z1

Visit site
sorry but you’re a 24 handicapper and you went round in 3 over par and disappointed with 16 over ?!

Am I missing something here ?

These cards should be submitted for handicap
Yes I’m not happy with +16 now today was bad. As ive said in multiple threads now my handicap is very outdated and plan was to get it down at start of season but noW I’m more worried about getting better consistency and being able to use every club in my bag. I don’t really care what my handicap is at the moment my phone tacks all my cards and thats got me at 7.1 even with a few blow up games. So i know I’m on track for my target of single figures this year.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes I’m not happy with +16 now today was bad. As ive said in multiple threads now my handicap is very outdated and plan was to get it down at start of season but noW I’m more worried about getting better consistency and being able to use every club in my bag. I don’t really care what my handicap is at the moment my phone tacks all my cards and thats got me at 7.1 even with a few blow up games. So i know I’m on track for my target of single figures this year.

Bet you’ll be popular if you enter any competitions

Reactions: AAC
D

Deleted member 23270

Seriously I would be putting these cards in now. When the season starts and you are shooting silly scores you really won't be popular.

Reactions: AAC

G1z1

Visit site
Bet you’ll be popular if you enter any competitions
To be fair I probably won’t play any comps. I played one last year won it by 9 shots and they told me after they took my money I couldn’t win because my handicap was over 28 and plus I really didn’t enjoy it. I like to play golf quite fast and it took about 4 hours. I really doubt I’ll play any comps, so it will just be a case of getting someone to mark my cards every now and again.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair I probably won’t play any comps. I played one last year won it by 9 shots and they told me after they took my money I couldn’t win because my handicap was over 28 and plus I really didn’t enjoy it. I like to play golf quite fast and it took about 4 hours. I really doubt I’ll play any comps, so it will just be a case of getting someone to mark my cards every now and again.

Just don’t turn up to any forum meets and enter those comps.

Credit where it’s due for the improvement in the scores, but you really should make an effort for your handicap to reflect your ability if you plan on playing any kind of competitive golf, however friendly that may be.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’m not surprised you won by 9 shots

There is nothing stopping you from putting in all your cards and then you will get a true reflection of your handicap to playing ability

Even if you don’t enter comps there is now that method to just get a handicap

It’s good to look to improve consistency etc - but get those cards in

G1z1

Visit site
I’m not surprised you won by 9 shots

There is nothing stopping you from putting in all your cards and then you will get a true reflection of your handicap to playing ability

Even if you don’t enter comps there is now that method to just get a handicap

It’s good to look to improve consistency etc - but get those cards in
I definitely will but really want to get back using my driver first plus greens are still a bit unpredictable for putting the now but over the next few weeks I hope to start getting it down quite fast. I have no interest in playing comps with a very inaccurate handicap to say I won a comp. I am Pretty sure I’m joining bonnyton and have two guys who can mark my cards so I’ll join there end of month and maybe play two weeks to get to know the course then work on the handicap.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I definitely will but really want to get back using my driver first plus greens are still a bit unpredictable for putting the now but over the next few weeks I hope to start getting it down quite fast. I have no interest in playing comps with a very inaccurate handicap to say I won a comp. I am Pretty sure I’m joining bonnyton and have two guys who can mark my cards so I’ll join there end of month and maybe play two weeks to get to know the course then work on the handicap.

Your handicap will be inaccurate until you start put in general play cards. Off 24 you'll get some good and some bad. We all do, that's why we have handicaps. At the moment you are just sandbagging to a degree. Once you get the 20 counting cards in you'll have a decent base line and know what your true - CURRENT - level is.

D

Deleted member 23270

Can you put cards in if your marking them yourself?
I'm not 100% sure but I would imagine that submitting cards when playing so much better than handicap would be looked on favourably. I know of people under the old system that spoke to the club secretary and asked for a reduction because their handicap wasn't a true reflection and they were cut.