Fellow fundraisers

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does anyone have any ideas of companies I can write to for sponsorship/prizes for the Charity Golf Day i am organising, I've tried a couple of online retailers but had no joy. GM have been as generous as ever and have donated two prizes as have the Hertfordshire Golf club however with a few more donations I could possibly do a raffle to raise even more money.

Those who have expressed an interest in the day, i'll have the full itenery for the day by the end of next week.

Many Thanks

Minty

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any do you know any local business men? What about your company boss?

I always forund it better to phone or call as most of the time the letters get set aside. I do the odd bit of fund raising and even I set the odd letter down and forget about it.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Green King must be worth a punt.
AG, DG, etc
Garages

all the bigger breweries, Bacardi etc - worth having a go, but you may need to get something printed up acknowledging their contribution

have a word with Abbotsley, they must have a hit list for their Charity days,
contact the Lions, they may help
also the Charities you're helping, they may have suggestions

Many moons ago as an apprentice, we used to organise the do for those passing out. We (actually the junior apprentices) wrote to every company we could think of that had even the vaguest possible connection. Got so much stuff the raffle went on for four hours.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Try some of the big courses. I did a charity auction for the hospital and I wrote to Bearwood Lakes and Oxfordshire amongst others and got rounds of golf vouchers to be sold off.

I know TM and Cally have a lit of preferred charities so I doubt they can help. I also wrote to Westwood (he's supported me twice now) and got a signed shirt.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Done a few bits of fundraising and I would recommend lower league football clubs and any rugby club. Most of those have been very generous with signed gear, tours, tickets etc. If I am right, you are in the midlands so try Northampton Saints and Leicester Tigers. Would not waste your time on premiership football clubs, they have big name and local charities they support and are not much help.

Aside from that, try some of the smaller golf manufacturers. I have always received good communication from the likes of Orka, Benross, MD etc and you may have some luck there. Orka have just released a clothing line and other accessories so the MD there, Stuart Johnson, may be worth a try. He sees all the emails sent through their web site and tends to reply in person.

Hope this is good for a few ideas.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the advice lads... i'm starting to think a programme may be the way forward as a few local business' have asked whether i'll be having one printed before confirming the sponsorship.

I'm going to write to the big golf courses and ask for some help, I'm hoping to get a load of prizes so i can use them in the raffle.

I'm looking to get the field as big as possible so if you could mention it to any golfers you know that would be much appreciated.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
More than happy to.....

Friday 20th March at The Hertfordshire Golf Club. It's £40 per man which includes golf, bacon butty and coffee. Its a lovely course, loads of prizes and to raise money for Alzeimers awareness and the Heart Foundation.

All individuals welcome aswell as teams of 3 or 4.

Really looking for as many players as possible.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
nice one homer. PM me once you get an answer.

If anyone from the south east wants to use it as a forum meet you are more than welcome.

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
I'd advise getting a local printers on board early, for a logo and phone number on the flyer/ leaflet in return for free printing of the materials for you. Then you have something to affectively sell the suppliers in return for the prize or cash contribution.

Also speak to your local paper up front, if they agree to cover the event (and they usually will - beats cat up a tree local stories), you have another angle to sell when speaking to people.

Think outside the box with prizes too. Golf stuff is brilliant, but local restaurants and cinemas and stuff like that are good filler prizes.

11 prizes worth £20 each means you can advertise over £200 worth of prizes up for grabs. A £200 driver still sounds like just one prize - less chance of being a winner.

Hope its a success, shame I can't make it on that date!