Favourite Pubs

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Seen as it is a miserable day in the Highlands, just wondering people’s favourite pub’s, One in Inverness I’d recommend is the Clachnaharry, real fire and decent malts.
When the wife was working in London we had an apartment outside Liverpool Street station and I frequented Dirty Dicks and Woodin Shades, really liked both that bars.

What’s yours 😀

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is one in Harrogate called The Fat Badger. I love it. It has a great name, great picture on the outside, good range of beers, nice atmosphere, nice layout, full of beautiful people (the odd exception of course :D). It always makes me smile when I am there.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Current favourite is the Haven Inn on the Quay at Mudeford. Very small and cozy inside (and dog friendly) on cold winter days with a roaring fire, in summer can sit out either side with views over the bay and out to sea, stunning spot to watch the sunset with a cold beer in summer

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Manchester - New Oxford
Birmingham - The Victoria
Nottingham - Old Trip
Leeds - Palace or Whitelocks
Liverpool - Dispensary, Baltic Fleet or Philly
Glasgow - Pot Still
So many decent boozers

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Bankes Arms on Studland. A nice setting, well positioned for where I walk, reasonable food, good service, and they brew their own ales. Busy as in the summer.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Goat in St Albans, spent many a night in there early 80 sort of Indy art student place... was alsways full of pretty female art students... sold real Red stripe on draft

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Current favourite is the Haven Inn on the Quay at Mudeford. Very small and cozy inside (and dog friendly) on cold winter days with a roaring fire, in summer can sit out either side with views over the bay and out to sea, stunning spot to watch the sunset with a cold beer in summer

Can't disagree with that choice. Also like The Spyglass in Ventnor but it might be a bit too cozy for some on here :whistle:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great one called the Duke of Edinburgh near Ascot on the road from the racecourse down to Legoland. Tucked away so very hard to find unless you know it's there. Decent range of beers and lagers. Nick has always kept a great ale and Annie in the kitchen is brilliant. Top quality food, open far and warm welcome from the locals. Proper country pub local

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Starting to use The Running Horse in Leatherhead for after work dos, proper old style locals pub. Apparently dates from the 1600's, which might explain my headroom issues with it! :)

This is my issue with the Coach and Horses in Ricky. Nice enough pub, but really only 2 places I can stand upright, and I don't go there that often.

Also the square and compass in Worth Matravers, beer served through a hatch, pasties to eat, lots of history, loads to recommend it. Including a dog on the roof.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that the one at the west end of the beach, if so (y)
Had a nice pint in there this spring, having walked from Sandown.

That's the one. Great pub grub but you do have to be good friends with fellow diners.

Good range of beers but mainly "local" from the Mainland - Portsmouth and Southampton. Used to stay in a lovely cottage in Bonchurch.