Favourite golfing moment

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Winning my match 5&4 as the junior captain and then walking with my best friend down the first playoff hole of his match. He stiffed his second shot to a foot for birdie.

He holed out and took our club to the first ever junior regional finals.

Having parents, professionals, junior organisers and friends and family swarming around the was something very special and is always a fond memory for me.

Many scratch matches subsequently as I got older but none ever compared in the atmosphere.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Winning H4H at West Hill scoring both the best nett and gross as well as all it stands for

Shooting my best round at my home course in winning a 4bbb on the 13th, hope in one on 14yh and probably scoring level or one over

A shot out of the worst rough ever in a GM day to about a foot, playing a 6 team proam with a tour pro Matt Nixon (a really top guy)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The final of an inter-club team matchplay. 5 under par after 6 holes, knocking the next tee shot to less than a quarter of an inch and eventually finishing 5 under par and winning 8 & 7. Totally blew the guy away.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Lots of fav moments. However, only a few weeks ago, playing the midweek medal at Dunbar, while waiting for the green to clear on 16 we sat on the seat in memory of a absent friend. The subject was broached and my playing partner mentioned an old mate of mine Jimmy Elliot who, unknown to me at the time, had sadly taken his own life only a few weeks earlier. After a few minutes talking I played my tee shot, a knock down 5 iron into a stiff breeze. As soon as I hit the shot my mate said that's one of the best irons you've hit. I said " that's becausssssssssssse its just went in the hole". I looked up and said that's for you Jimmy. TRUE

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rolling in a 20 foot putt to win my third Club Championship with everyone watching round the final green. It was a five-player shootout over the final seven holes and I shot -1 during that time under the most pressure I have ever known on a golf course.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Final of the 5 Day Members' KO at ours back in early noughties and we walked off the 16th with me two down. I won 17th and the 18th with a greenside bunker sand save.

So up the 19th and me with a shot. Left myself a slippery two footer for a 5/4 after opponent was in for a 5. Could hardly hold the putter as I addressed the ball. Delighted when it went straight into the middle of the cup.

Was made up for at least a week after it.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably a scratch team match for the club at Yeovil a few years ago. I was 3 down with 3 to play and level par. I birdied 16 to get to 2 down. We both hit good tee shots on 17, short uphill dog leg left par 4. My opponent hit his second shot 1st and stiffed it for a gimme birdie. I then holed my second from about 80 yards to win the hole with an eagle 2. I only managed a half with a par down the last so lost one down in the end. That was probably my Ryder Cup moment.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Playing the 1st and 18th at The Old Course.

Indeed, this is certainly one of the very many highlights of my experiences! Getting rather hammered in Dunvegan's with the caddy (an ex Club Champ at one of the attached clubs) that guided all 4 of us round was another!