Favourite golf witticisms and jests!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
One which came to me, quick as a flash, many years ago when player in my group was trying to play out of a gorse bush - Do you feel a bit of a prick?

D

Deleted member 15344

If a player leaves a putt well short it get a "You've dropped something mate - your lipstick"

Well someone struggles to find their pink tee - i normally tell them to look near the ladies tee as thats where they belong :D

Siren

Tour Rookie
Visit site
When someone plays for a break that is obviously not there and you tell them their golfing dyslexic... because they cant read greens! Love that one, use it far 2 often.

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
When hits a putt that bounces all over the place before finishing up well short "that's a shame, it looked good in the air!" Or a putt that's well short or long, and wide "well apart from the line and the pace that was pretty good!"

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
An FC hit a tee shot well right and behind trees, wondering about playing a prov & not playing the course before he asked if I knew what was round there... i said yeah, your ball ! ;)

G

guest100718

Must be a barrel of laughs at Beadlow

Without eveing reading the thread I would be willing to bet that there are such "greats" as a sally gunnel, dennis wise, Sister in law....blah blah blah blah

Maybe they raised a chuckle 25 years ago

Gazp

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After a bad drive I often say
"you are standing too close to the ball"
reply "really"
when they adjust their stance I say "No...after you have hit it"

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The shortest hitter in my regular 3-ball is known as Annika because he hits it like a girl. (Conveniently ignoring the fact that Annika Sorenstam probably hit it further than any of us!)