Favourite classic club

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Another just sprang to mind...

Cleveland 900 series wedges. Never improved upon by Cleveland since.
On the subject of Cleveland the early Tour Action irons were superb. The TA1 blades were the first set of blades I owned and proved to me that blades were just a golf club and were as user-friendly as anything else out there.
The TA3 cavity backs and my all-time favourite the TA2. I bought a mint set of the latter, 2 to PW and I also bought a set of brand-new heads that a pro had found under a bench and put on eBay.

sunshine

Visit site
Wilson TPAXVIII putter (now own 2, one in full original condition, 1 pimped)
View attachment 40562

Mizuno MP60 irons - loved them!
dd7bb6ee-02ad-4347-acaa-678c31576161-jpeg.40563

Mizuno Widec 5 Wood (mine pictured, still have it with steel shaft and original grip)
View attachment 40564View attachment 40565

That Wilson was next on my list. As used by Faldo to win the Masters. I have one in the loft.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Honourable mentions to the Petron Impalas, my first set, my Ben Sayers Ray Floyds and the Slazenger B51's
There was a good looking set of B51s on ebay recently. I was looking forward to bidding and they disappeared. There was no "make an offer" option. I suppose the buyer messaged with an offer anyway.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265492548287?hash=item3dd096cabf:g:Kd8AAOSw8hFh2ZPO
If you ever fancy a vintage game, you can borrow my Australian Blades and my Impala U1 putter.

Last edited:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
B51's were a lovely set. Got a Slazenger practice ball bag and a tour bag off the rep very cheaply and thought I looked the dogs danglies. Too often my scores said otherwise. In hindsight the Ben Sayers were perhaps a mistake (as was getting rid of Maxfli Aussie blades) but we always live and learn