fave track & it's meaning

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine has to be living years - mike & the mechanics, It came out 2 months before I lost my dad and the words are so emotional. I get a lump in my throat every time I hear this.

2nd is Albatross for similar reasons relating to Ma.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Probably wake up call (make it happen) the last song in the Plague of Ghosts by Fish. My wife and I were having some serious problems and it just summed up the desire for things to get better and the efforts needed to do so.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Incubus, Pardon Me. Just a proper dance around the room forget about a crap day at work kinda funky song.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sailing - if you've ever heard it sung by the entire ship's company of an aircraft carrier on up-channel night.

(I don't think Rod Stewart ever has known what he has with that song, especially from the Falklands on)

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
For the time being, probably Broken Land by The Adventures. It was on the radio whilst my wife was in the birthing pool, and we were both laughing as we'd both been on the gas. Little did I know how badly things would turn out a few hours later.

Nipper turned out fine eventually after a very bad 20 minute ambulance rush from the birthing centre to the hospital and an EC.

It always brings a lump to my throat now.

Mind you, always did like the song.

(Too much info perhaps?)

I'm going to be greedy and select one more.

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Elton or preferably Roger Daltry.

My old man said to me some 20 plus years ago that he would want this playing at his funeral. Anyway to cut a long story short. He had a heart attack in a 747 over the Atlantic, the plane did not put down and carried onto LA. We didn't know if he was going to live as 90% of his heart had 'died', and would be stuck in LA for a long time. I drove my mother to the airport for her flight out there, and on the way back from Heathrow, this song came on. It reminded me of what my father said years before. I had to pull over on the M3 as I just couldn't see through being a little teary.

He came back to the UK 4 months later, and still alive (admitedly with defibs fitted etc.). Still can't listen to that song without thinking of that drive and him.

Hopefully someones got a tune that reminds them of good times for us to read.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Crap song but the Christmas hit Stay another day by E17.

I remember when it was in the charts and on the telly my very young daughter would sit transfixed somehow by the song.
She still stops in her tracks and watches the song whenever it plays on MTV or other music channels and she's 16 years old now.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Totally unromatic song but Stan by Eminem was playing when I first met my wife and always brings a smile to my face.

Achilles Heal by Toploader as was the first song at our wedding.

The Drugs Don't Work by the verve, playing in my car as I drove home to say goodbye to my grandad before he died. Still cannot listen to that without welling up.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
A few for various reasons.

Baby I Love You, The Ramones, I have sung this song to my little girl since the day she was born.

Patience, Take That, It was number 1 on the day bubs was born and was the 1st song on the car radio when we took her home from the hospital.

Hurricanes & Butterflies, Muse, Always one to get me psyched up and an inspirational track in my eyes.

Fall To Pieces, Velvet Revolver, because when all the shite in the world gets too much, you have to have a song that helps you get it all out.

There are various tracks that are sentimental to me because of the mrs including songs by Take That, Bon Jovi, and the list goes on.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OK hers a couple
dina carrol dont be a stranger
vanessa carlton thousand miles
Seal kiss from a rose
.....theres a few more but i love these tracks

tbc

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just lost my godson (sunday night) and on monday i heard a song called stay with me by someone called Ironik, now without actually hearing the song i couldn't describe to you how fiting the words are! I think fate put that song on for me to hear, as the next day, (planning funeral) his mum said have you heard this song, I want to play it at funeral! Wierd, but that will be his song.

The song off Gladiator 'now we are free' it was my yomp song in the marines.

got loads more, can't think though

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very difficult this one, especially seeing as my taste is Folkr/Folk Rock.

In the meantime can I pick a whole album, which, is a continuing theme, which melds one song into the next in an organic way

Moody Blues - Days of future passed One of the many highlights include 'Tuesday Afternoon'.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
got to agree with vig,cremated my dad last wed.now realising the values he instilled in me---honesty,play to win,don,t give up,respect others and good manners plus sense of humour when you are in the sh!t.wish i could have been closer to him!!!my loss!!