FAO - HTL, Homer, Leftie, and anyone else who fancies a day out

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Hi Guys,

Basically to fill you in, my membership at princes has expired as they did it on a £ basis as opposed to number of rounds apparently and at £90 a round, with the amount of visits I have made, it has dwindled to nil.

It had £0 balance on thursday, and this is a BIG RESPECT shout out to princes as the Director of Princes, gave myself and Roger our green-fees on him on thursday. That was incredibly good of them and hugely appreciated.

Anyhow, obviously unless we want to pay a £90 green fee I would say that princes is out however, I am still keen for a meet, not just for the 4 of us necessarily so if anyone fancies it, why not get a crowd together?

Any suggestions on venues appreciated, I still fancy a bit of coastal golf, breaks the norm for me, and would suggest the following;

http://www.northforeland.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

http://www.lyddgolfclub.co.uk/index.php (£100 per 4-ball inc breakfast!)

Any suggestions, coastal or not, all welcome.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
OK

The bottom line is I've booked the B&B near Sandwich so will be comong down on the 28th anyway whether I g et to have a game somewhere or not. Ideally I'd prefer something around the Sandwich area (not Royal St Georges or Princes obviously) and so open to offers. I don't know how far Lydd is from Sandwich but it looks a goer if you want to book the same 4 ball and then add another tee time if we get more. I fancy HTL and myself to be a tidy outfit!

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
They both look great, your choice mate.

Any plans for the night? HID is having mates over and I feel like beer.......

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got a horrible feeling that we are not going to be able to get a round at any of the costal courses in that area on a Saturday, at least at a price that I would want to afford. All the special offers for winter golf seem to be based on a Mon - Friday basis.

As an alternative I looked at Walmer and Kingsdown. Starting at £60 for a 4ball (round only) but Mon -Friday only as well :(.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
North Foreland looks like it is £51 at the weekend which is about what we were going to pay at Princes if I'm not (probably am) mistaken. Otherwise Lydd £100 per 4 ball on a Saturday for £25 per head. Prefer NF as I'm already booked and paid at Sandwich but HID has said she'll drive so I'll go with the flow.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Right guys, just spoke to north foreland, they dont tak saturday green-fees until after midday. Thats a pain in the bottom.

If it inteferes with your wifes plans homer, I could taxi you from your lodgings.

Any other venue suggestions?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Jon,

To be honest, I'm thinking of cancelling the B&B in Sandwich now as there isn't much point being based there so if you can find any decent course that will take us I can move camp and find somewhere local to stay. HID can then do what she does best and go shopping and she and I can have a nice meal in the evening and spend the Sunday doing something "nice"